Installation of Array Visualizer w/ IVF 11 and VS 2005 Partner Edition for the noob

Installation of Array Visualizer w/ IVF 11 and VS 2005 Partner Edition for the noob

Ritratto di bruppel1

I am a complete newbie in this field, but it looks like array visualizer will help me examine the contents of my arrays in the debugger when I'm debugging. I have found the instructions a little tough. I have not yet had the debugger integration working. I am starting this thread in order to collect the information I have, and eventually this will result in working steps that everyone can enjoy.

(sorry I have not posted credit to all of the individuals I have collected this information from)

System: Windows XP SP3, IVF 11 (FORTRAN), VS 2005 Premier Partner Edition

Installation Notes:
1) It looks like you need to uninstall and reinstall Intel Fortran Compiler after you make all of the appropriate setting changes. There is a post that says you do not need to uninstall and reinstall the visualizer itself. I am not sure if you need to uninstall and reinstall the visual studio environment itself.

2) The release notes post-installation instructions tell you to make some changes to directory listings in the Tools>Options>Project>Intel Fortran entry. In VS 2005 the locations of these entries appear to have changed to Tools>Options>Intel Fortran>Compilers The changes are:
# Under "Show Directories for" label on the upper-right, choose "Include files"
# In the list of directories displayed, click under the last entry and add Include
# Now under "Show Directories", choose "Library files"
# In the list of directories displayed, click under the last entry and add Lib
I would translate this to: add the Include directory to the list of Includes, and add the Lib directory to the list of Libraries.

3) An Intel poster has noted that you should not include quotes around the directory names that you add in step 2

There is another post with a large amount of detail pertaining to VS 2008 integration. This post lists several other places to add libraries, and may explain some aspects a bit better, but his scope includes the desire to use Array Visualiser in his programs. Here it is: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=65273 (Getting Array Visualizer to Work with VS2008 and IVF11.0!!!)

2 post / 0 new
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di bruppel1
Quoting - bruppel1 I am a complete newbie in this field, but it looks like array visualizer will help me examine the contents of my arrays in the debugger when I'm debugging. I have found the instructions a little tough. I have not yet had the debugger integration working. I am starting this thread in order to collect the information I have, and eventually this will result in working steps that everyone can enjoy.

(sorry I have not posted credit to all of the individuals I have collected this information from)

System: Windows XP SP3, IVF 11 (FORTRAN), VS 2005 Premier Partner Edition

Installation Notes:
1) It looks like you need to uninstall and reinstall Intel Fortran Compiler after you make all of the appropriate setting changes. There is a post that says you do not need to uninstall and reinstall the visualizer itself. I am not sure if you need to uninstall and reinstall the visual studio environment itself.

2) The release notes post-installation instructions tell you to make some changes to directory listings in the Tools>Options>Project>Intel Fortran entry. In VS 2005 the locations of these entries appear to have changed to Tools>Options>Intel Fortran>Compilers The changes are:
# Under "Show Directories for" label on the upper-right, choose "Include files"
# In the list of directories displayed, click under the last entry and add Include
# Now under "Show Directories", choose "Library files"
# In the list of directories displayed, click under the last entry and add Lib
I would translate this to: add the Include directory to the list of Includes, and add the Lib directory to the list of Libraries.

3) An Intel poster has noted that you should not include quotes around the directory names that you add in step 2

There is another post with a large amount of detail pertaining to VS 2008 integration. This post lists several other places to add libraries, and may explain some aspects a bit better, but his scope includes the desire to use Array Visualiser in his programs. Here it is: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=65273 (Getting Array Visualizer to Work with VS2008 and IVF11.0!!!)

Steve Lionel from Intel helped me out in this thread with some executables that take care of the re-installation of Visual Fortran Compiler: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=57537page/1/#86399 (Installing the Array Vizualizer with the 10.1 Fortran compiler with MSVS Partner edition and Windows Vista). He also noted that it is the Intel Fortran Visual Studio Integration only that needs to be re-installed. I don't see an entry for that in my add/remove programs list, so I assume this is part of the actual individual "compiler" installation. Perhaps it is a sub-component of the compiler installation, or of one of the other packages. In any case, the executable worked for me.

Now I can right-click on an array in the debugger view and select "view array". On my first try nothing showed. I tried again and a window came up with an IE style warning about running an .ocx from Intel. I kept allowing (3 times or so) and I eventually got a visualized array. Cool. Also, I kept the quotes around the include and library directory entries, I am not sure if they are relevant when I am just trying to use the visualizer in the debugger.

Accedere per lasciare un commento.