libupnp for windows

libupnp for windows

Hi ,
I am trying to create one application to communicate between one windows PC and linux pc using libupnp.

I could successfully develop the application in linux using libupnp-1.4.6. But i am not able to make a upnp dll for windows. In the README file which i got along with libupnp1.4.6 it mentioned that the build\libupnp.dsw file can be opened in VC++ 6 and can be used to create the dll file...
I tried as per the README file ,ie
1) downloaded the pthreads-w32 package and copied the Pre-build.2 folder to the top level source folder.
2) Renamed Pre-build.2 to pthreads.
3) Opened the provided workspace build\libupnp.dsw with Visual C++ 6.0 .. but after opening the libupnp.dsw it dint list any thing.. i couldn't build the project.. no source files were listed.

I am really in need of help in this , Can anyone please help me to build a upnp library in windows from libupnp 1.4.6 .. i tried the same with libupnp 1.6.6 but the same problem occurred.

5 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

One solution is to take an sds drill to your PC. XD

Quoting - enzoenzo
One solution is to take an sds drill to your PC. XD

Hi all,
Finally i solved the issue by myself. I created a new project (libupnp project) and got some compilation errors and resolved those errors.. But one run time error occured ... http_download api failed... i debugged it and found that ... in the function sprintf, the type specifier used is "%zu" and windows wont identify "%zu" and hence instead of converting the interger to string .. it gets subsituted as "zu" ..so i changed the type specified in the function sprintf is changed from "%zu" to "%u" and the problem in downloading the description document is solved..

I am posting this to help others to save time in debugging these issues...

Thanking You,
Santhosh

Quoting - santhoshunnikrishnan

Hi, Santhosh,

I'm running in the same problem with yours (I use libupnp 1.6.6).
Would you please help send me the corrected VC project files ? so that
it could save my time to debug it.
by the way, is there any Windows based sample code for using the libupnp.dll ?

My e-mail address: aj.jiang@msa.hinet.net

Thanks,
A.J.

Hi all,
Finally i solved the issue by myself. I created a new project (libupnp project) and got some compilation errors and resolved those errors.. But one run time error occured ... http_download api failed... i debugged it and found that ... in the function sprintf, the type specifier used is "%zu" and windows wont identify "%zu" and hence instead of converting the interger to string .. it gets subsituted as "zu" ..so i changed the type specified in the function sprintf is changed from "%zu" to "%u" and the problem in downloading the description document is solved..

I am posting this to help others to save time in debugging these issues...

Thanking You,
Santhosh

Quoting - ajjiang

hi , I am also trying to connect from linux machine to the windows box using UPnP.
I downloaded libupnp compiled it and to check the samples, i tried to run the TV sample
device and control point example gives. Here, control point always gives "Discovery Timeout".

Also, I have UPnP enabled in Windows XP and in windows I can see other UPnP devices like printer.
Now, I try changing the Device type in the control point of the TV written for TV device to
char TvDeviceType[] = "ssdp:all";
so that it can take all other devices,
in this case also its showing "Discovery timeout"
Can you please guide me how exactly i can make a control point which can discover all the devices on
network.

-- Regards

Accedere per lasciare un commento.