Licensing

Licensing

Was anyone able to figure out the licensing terms for commercial use of the device code generated by Intel's device generator tool?

Thanks.

3 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Quoting - chanbhan
Was anyone able to figure out the licensing terms for commercial use of the device code generated by Intel's device generator tool?

Thanks.

Just got confirmation from two kind folks at Intel that yes you can use the "generated code" for commercial purposes. Hope this will help other folks looking to use the code.

From Nice folk no. 1 from Intel:
Yes, the code from our tool may be used in commercial products. We do not have an legal primers on the language used in the agreement; but we do suggest that users consult with a lawyer on their rights if they do not understand the agreement.

To Mr. Nice folk no. 1 - I can't afford lawyers but thanks for the reply anyways :)

From Nice folk no. 2 from Intel:
Hi. I am not a lawyer, so I cant give any opinions on this but just read the underlined sections below. Read definition of generated code, then section 8, than section 8.1.

As long as you use generated code, you should be ok.

I still advise using these at your own peril and you should obviously consult a lawyer but looks like for the most part you should be ok using it.

Regards.

Lol. I just was going thru this mail thread and noticed that I may be one of the "Nice folks". The new version of the tools under it's new name "Developer Tools for UPnP Technologies" is licensed under Apache 2.0 open soruce. It's very good and widely used license so there should be no more issues on licensing anymore. A nice change now is that all the course code (not just "Genererated code" is fully open). In fact, the code generator itself is open source. You guys will get to see the dirty process we use to generate the code. The new version is also essencialy the same as the older one, but I did clean up some things. Lots more cleaning up should probably be done on them.

Ylian
opentools.homeip.net

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi