Smoke framework configuration

Smoke framework configuration

Ritratto di gonx

Hi,

Just wanted to ask how the procedural fire be disabled in the smoke configuration. Would anyone know how?

Thanks.

4 post / 0 new
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di Orion Granatir (Intel)
Best Reply
Quoting - gonx

Hi,

Just wanted to ask how the procedural fire be disabled in the smoke configuration. Would anyone know how?

Thanks.

Good question.
You need to edit a couple files. Start with Smoke.gdf. This is the global definition file, its the main configuration for the demo. You need to remove (or comment out) the line for ProceduralFire. This will disable the procedural fire system (the associated DLL wont load). Next you need to edit Demo.cdf. This is the scene definition file. Search for ProceduralFire and delete all the entries that have ProceduralFire. Its easy to tell if you missed something if you run the demo and it crashes, you missed something xD If you run in debug, itll break and tell you where you missed something in the xml files.

Let me know if you have any problems.
- Orion

P.S. Thanks for all the good questions you have been posting ^_^

Ritratto di gonx
Quoting - Orion Granatir (Intel)

Good question.
You need to edit a couple files. Start with Smoke.gdf. This is the global definition file, its the main configuration for the demo. You need to remove (or comment out) the line for ProceduralFire. This will disable the procedural fire system (the associated DLL wont load). Next you need to edit Demo.cdf. This is the scene definition file. Search for ProceduralFire and delete all the entries that have ProceduralFire. Its easy to tell if you missed something if you run the demo and it crashes, you missed something xD If you run in debug, itll break and tell you where you missed something in the xml files.

Let me know if you have any problems.
- Orion

P.S. Thanks for all the good questions you have been posting ^_^

Hi Orion, Yep. That did it. I can see that the simulation did change a bit. By the way would you guys have any more docs for the tags and attributes you used for the xmls in the smoke framework ? Thanks.
Ritratto di Orion Granatir (Intel)
Quoting - gonx Hi Orion, Yep. That did it. I can see that the simulation did change a bit. By the way would you guys have any more docs for the tags and attributes you used for the xmls in the smoke framework ? Thanks.

Documentation on the tags and attributes used in the xml files is a good idea... but sadly we have had a chance to get to it(boo). Most of the xml file is used to describe objects in the scene. If you look at the Object files in the projects you can see all the attributes listed near the top (usually something like sm_kapszPropertyNames). For example, if you look at Object.cpp in SystemGeometry, you will see "Position", "Orientation", "Scale". In the xml file these are the attributes used by the Geometry system. I hope this helps.

Accedere per lasciare un commento.