Error running my own application

Error running my own application

Hi,

I'm using WPF application for my application and the device I have is F5. I read about previous post, it mention that I am not supposed to install the MCA SDK, therefore I didn't install it in F5. The only thing I did was to copy my application onto the F5 device and I tried running the application by clicking on the exe file. But an error was prompted saying that an error encountered while trying to run my application.

I thought it may be my application's problem, so this time I uses the CameraDemoNet given by the MCA SDK and copy it to F5. But still I can't run the exe file. The error prompted was the same. Basically my application was to test out the built-in camera but during my development stage I uses the Logitech Quickcam to test my application. everything works perfectly fine during my development stage but when it comes to the testing stage on F5, things just went wrong. Is there any advice on what I should do?

Thanks,

madxm

8 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Hi madxm,

Officially, the F5 and WPF are not supported by the MCA software. But I would be happy to take a loot at the MCA log file to see where the application is failing and make some suggestions.

Can you send me the MCA log file capturing the event so we can see what the MCA software thinks is happening? The MCA log file will have to be set to the debug level, and then started right before the error, and stopped right after the error occurs. This is because the the log filewill beset to debug level and will capture a significant amount of data quickly. Here are the steps:

1. Edit the MCA configuration file (C:Program FilesIntelMCABinIntelHealthcare.cfg) and set the log level to debug:

/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Logging/DefaultLevel = DEBUG

2. Delete the MCA log file (c: empMCA.log). The MCA log file will be recreated automatically when the next event occurs.

3. Take the necessary steps to reproduce the failure.

4. After the failure occurs, immediatly save the MCA log file and then send it back to us. You can attach it as a file under the Options tab in your reply on the forum.

5. Edit the MCA configuration file (C:Program FilesIntelMCABinIntelHealthcare.cfg) and set the log level to the default level of Warnings:

/Intel/HealthcareSDK/Logging/DefaultLevel = WARN

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Am I supposed to perform all those steps using the F5 device or my development PC? Btw I tried performing the steps on both the F5 device and my development PC but then at F5 device, I cant find the MCA log fileyou mentioned, the only file I found inside the (C: emp) is only a MCA text document. As for my development PC i did found the log file you mentioned.

Also, you mentioned that officially, F5 and WPF are not supported by the MCA software butI tried running my friend's application(.exe) on the F5 device, her application is able to run properly. Why is this happening?

Thanks,

madxm

Hi madxm,

Is the MCA software for the C5installed on your F5? If not, that would explain why there is not an MCA.LOG file in your c: emp directory which is the default location. The F5 does not come from the factory with the MCA software installed on it, but the C5 does. Some people install the MCA software for the C5 onto the F5 and it does seem to work although it has not been tested or validated. When you asked your original question,I assumed you had installed the MCA software for the C5onto your F5, but it does not look like you have. If you have written your application to use the MCA software, it has to be installed on the F5. However, I will note again that the MCA software on an F5 in not supported.

It is the same situation with WPF. Some developers have been able to get it working, but it is has not been officially validated by Intel or Motion so we cannot officially support it. You may be able to get it working by reading through some of the other comments in the MCA forum about the topic.

-Steve

Hi Steve,

sorry, i've found the log file.

Hope to hear from you soon, and your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

madxm

Allegati: 

AllegatoDimensione
Download MCA.zip17.94 KB

Hi madxm,

The problem is that the camera is not responding. The MCA SDK installed on a development system will run with just about any USB camera. However, the MCA Platform Driver is written to be specific to the hardware and in the case of the Motion C5, it is looking only for the camera that is built into the C5. In your case, you are using an F5 and an externally attached Logitech camera which theMCA platform driver that was meant to be only installed on a C5.The camerademonet application tries to communicate to the camera via the C5 MCA platform driver and it cannot find the camera. This could be because the camera in the F5 is different than the C5, or because you are using the external camera and have disabled the built-in camera in the F5. You can most likely solve this problem by using the built-in F5 camera. Otherwise you are going to have to change the camera driver be called in the MCA config file to the external camera you are using.

Again, this is not an officallysupported MCA configuration so you may have to work through this manually with some experimenting on your side.

-Steve

Hi Steve,

Currently, the camerademonet application is working properly and it is able to communicate with the camera via the C5 MCA platform driver. But for my application ,its still not working.

For my application, I used the necessary methods that are provided by the MCA SDK. Can i ask you a few questions.

1) If I run my program and it fails, the next thing i check is the MCA log file. If there isnt any message inside the log file regarding the failure of my application, what does it imply? Is it implying that my application cant even connect to the platform driver??

2) I have install the Visual Studio C# 2008 on the F5 and i tried to run my application using that studio, but there is an error prompted at a particular line ( public Camera cam = new Camera(); ), and the error prompted is shown below. Do you have any idea why is this happening?

System.ArgumentNullException was unhandled
Message="Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: format"
Source="mscorlib"
ParamName="format"
StackTrace:
at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
at System.String.Format(String format, Object[] args)
at Intel.Healthcare.Device.Device..ctor(String deviceType, String friendlyName)
at Intel.Healthcare.Device.Camera..ctor()
at CameraApplication.Form1..ctor() in C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorMy DocumentsCameraApplicationCameraApplicationForm1.cs:line 28
at CameraApplication.Program.Main() in C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorMy DocumentsCameraApplicationCameraApplicationProgram.cs:line 17
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException:

madxm

Hi madxm,

The very first step for programming directlyto the camera portion of the MCA software is to reserve the camera device. That action will be captured in the MCA log file. If there is not a log entry for this in the MCA log file, then the right calls are not being made to the API.

I am not sure about the error message you are getting, but it could have something to do with there being multiple camerasand the call are going to the wrong device, or a conflicting in some way. Hopefully there are other developers on the forum who can provide more input on this.

You might want to try getting your application working with the built-in camera on the F5 first, and then changing the configuration later to work with the external camera. That is the way the MCA software was designed to run on the C5 and since you are using the MCA platform driver from the C5 onyour F5 it may be the best approach.

Thanks,

Steve

Accedere per lasciare un commento.