Intel 946GZ / GMA 3000 - resolution issue

Intel 946GZ / GMA 3000 - resolution issue

Hello,

I bought motherboard Issleton with Intel 946GZ chipset and integrated Intel GMA 3000. My problem consist in resolution settings. I have only one widescreen monitor (viewsonic VX2235wm) connected (there is only one D-sub connector indeed) but in windows hardware management appears two monitors detected. So when I installed newest graphic driver for this motherboard, after first restart is everything OK - Resolution 1680x1050 (what I want) is setted. Then if I restart computer again, the resolution is unpredictable, sometimec 1600x900, sometimes 800x600 and sometimes the right resolution I mentioned. Simutlaneously wiht it in HW management the monitor drivers are changing with every restart for both detected monitors (default monitor, plug n play monitor or driver for VX2235wm). I tried almost everything, but with no effect. PLEASE HELP, I want only one monitor in HW management with 1680x1050 resolution setted. TXH Radek

11 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Hello there,

I am also facing the same problem dont know where to go for help or ref. I am doomed i bought the MB today only. :((

Any help will be much appreciated

Thank you
thomas

Hello!

I am also facing the same problem! My pc is 946GZ and Viewsonc VX2235. Vista driver can not offer 1680*1050 resolution. Please help me!

Thank you very much!

Jovi

I have pretty much same problem.

I have an Acer L310, which with Intel GMA3000. My monitor is Viewsoinc VG1921wm. The best resolution is 1440x900, however, I cannot find this one in the list.

What should I do?

I have pretty much the same problem.

I have an Acer L310, which with Intel GMA3000. My monitor is Viewsoinc VG1921wm. The best resolution is 1440x900, however, I cannot find this one in the list.

What should I do?

Same problem with the Acer L310 but with Acer AL1916w monitor. Can't get 1440x900 resolution to display. I installed the 14.25 driver and it didn't help. I e-mailed Intel tech support and their response was to install the latest driver and check the BIOS, both of which I did.

In the e-mail I received I got a vague response but nothing specific to the resolution I wanted, so they're little help if at all.

If anyone wants to see the e-mail, I can repost it verbatim on this forum. Meanwhile, I think I'll try talking to a live person by phone next.

I am experiencing the same issues as mentioned by the original poster. Using Intel 946GZ motherboard and Viewsonic VG2230wm monitor. We cannot figure out how to maintain the 1650x1080 resolution.

It is unfortunate that Intel has not addressed this issue. They do not provide tech support for graphics solutions over the phone. No response through email yet either (sent 3 days ago). I just can't believe we buy all these products from them and they won't help us fix issues with their hardware/drivers.

Try:

isnwiki.jot.com/WikiHome/Articles/111111431

If those instructions don't work, then dig through

software.intel.com/en-us/forums//topic/52208

and I'll try to help if you still get no results.

The first link is dead I believe, is there any word on this... has anyone had any success addressing this issue?

Sorry, it was up a few days ago. Someone copied it:

softsword.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=54

and the new Wiki is

softwarecommunity.intel.com/Wiki/Graphics/239.htm

well... i seemed to have found a wonderfull driver for the gma 3000 family,http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17292/a08/win2k_xp14365.zipthat is the driver... shouldnt take to long to download... just wondering, what is your inbuilt chipset? it would help a lot knowing that

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi