MPICH on SLES 9

MPICH on SLES 9

I am tring to set up MPICH 1.2.6 on SLES 9 on itanium but I get an error during the configure script regarding the fortran compiler. Here is the info from the intel site on the fortran 8.0 compiler:

On Itanium architecture, Linux systems with glibc 2.2.4, 2.2.5 and 2.3.2 and kernel 2.4 are supported

SLES 9 has glibc version 2.3.3 and kernel 2.6. I could go back to SLES 8 but I really don't want to. Has anyone else run into this and if so, how did you get around it ?

Thanks,

Luke

6 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

From Release Notes for current compiler posted at premier.intel.com
(8.1.018):

Linux system with glibc 2.2.4, 2.2.5 or 2.3.2 and the 2.4.X or 2.6.X Linux kernel as represented by the following distributions. Note: Not all distributions listed are validated and not all distributions are listed.
Red Hat Linux 7.2
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 2.1, AS 3, WS 3
SUSE Linux Professional* 9.1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8, 9
United Linux* 1.0

Given that SLES9 is listed as supported, you are certainly entitled to file a problem report if this compiler gives trouble.

Luke -

What errror are you seeing during the MPICH configuration about the Fortran compiler?

--clay

Clay:

This is from the config.log file of mpich 1.2.5.2 on SLES 9

/opt/intel_fc_80/lib/libifcoremt.a(tbk_linux.o)(.text+0xf2): In function `tbk_stack_trace':

: warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking

/usr/lib/libdl.a(dlsym.o)(.text+0x10): In function `dlsym':

/usr/src/packages/BUILD/glibc-2.3/dlfcn/dlsym.c:47: undefined reference to `_dl_load_lock'

/usr/lib/libdl.a(dlsym.o)(.text+0x21):/usr/src/packages/BUILD/glibc-2.3/dlfcn/dlsym.c:47: undefined reference to `_dl_load_lock'

/usr/lib/libdl.a(dlsym.o)(.text+0xb1):/usr/src/packages/BUILD/glibc-2.3/dlfcn/dlsym.c:58: undefined reference to `_dl_load_lock'

/usr/lib/libdl.a(dlsym.o)(.text+0xc0):/usr/src/packages/BUILD/glibc-2.3/dlfcn/dlsym.c:58: undefined reference to `_dl_load_lock'

/usr/lib/libdl.a(dlerror.o)(.text+0x3e2): In function `_dlerror_run':

/usr/src/packages/BUILD/glibc-2.3/dlfcn/dlerror.c:106: undefined reference to `_dl_catch_error'

ifort -o conftest conftest.f conftest1.o

Error linking

program main

end

I have seen a similar error, caused by the compiler failing to pass -ldl as an option to ld. More recent compilers add that option automatically, but you could append it to your link options.

Thanks for the tip, it helped on RHEL3. Have not tried it on SLES 9 yet.

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi