Problem about implement of MPEG4 encoder & decoder.

Problem about implement of MPEG4 encoder & decoder.

Hi,
I've downloaded the samples of MPEG4, both encoder and decodser. But i can't correctly play a video sequence with the decoder and I also can't directly encode a YUV file. Can anyone help, please?

ron

7 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Hi Ron

Could you be more specific? What version of IPP do you use? Which platform do you use? What kind of problem do you have with MPEG4 decoder and encoder? Do you see some error messages from IPP sample and which if any?

Regards,
Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your kind reply. I'm using a Pentium 4 1 GHz CPU andimplementingWindows XP. Through reading the readme file came with the encoder source code, it seems to be necessary to create a YUV video with the decoder first. I didn'tget any .cmp file, so I try with avi file. But I can't even use the decoder to open or play an avi file. There always appears an error message ofwrong format.In fact, what kind offormat canI use?

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron,

Probably you use AVI with DivX3 content. We do not support it, because it is not compatible with MPEG4 standard. So, you should find some DivX4 or 5 file.

Regards,
Vladimir

Hi,

generally speaking, we do support MPEG4 standard, simple profile, adv. simple profile, and partially main profile. We successfully tested our decoder with some DivX4 and DivX5 files. But we discovered that DivX3 is not fully compatible with MPEG4 standard, so we do not support DivX3 files. Is this info you are looking for?

Regards,
Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for you advice. I've alreday succeeded to play an video sequence wtih the decoder. However, as I use the output YUV file to encode, error appears again. It shows that it "Couldn't open intra quant matrix file" and then the debug dialog box appear. I've already built the source code of the encoder. Is there still some steps I've missed or sth I've done in the wrong way. Looking forward for your reply.

Regards,
Ron

Hi Ron,

Could you check settings you have in .PAR file? You can use stefan.par file, provided with this sample, as an example. Most frequent mistake is non matched size of picture.

Probably you set non-default quant matrix? If so, please make sure it is available in current folder.

Regards,
Vladimir

Accedere per lasciare un commento.