Help with Merged Static Lib

Help with Merged Static Lib

Ritratto di barehill@aol.com

I need help please with building a merged static library for my application. I followed the outline in the "mergedlib" folder instructions but when I compile the ippmerged.c code it generates a fatalerror here:

#if !defined (PX) && !defined (M6) && !defined (A6) && !defined (W7)
#error Are not defined the CPUs, following are allowed: PX, M6, A6, W7
#endif

Apparently I need a define stmt for PX et al? But what?

Assistance is greatly appreciated in advance.

6 post / 0 new
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di Community Admin

You need define all or some of these symbols. I mean PX, A6, W7. If you want to have in your merged library code optimized for all processors you need to define all these symbols. If you want have support only one particular processor you need to define only one symbol, which assigned to this processor.

Rgeards,
Vladimir

Vladimir,

Thnx for the response. I see from the error message thatI need to define symbols for the processors but can you give me an example of what that statement would look like? I don't get it yet.

Rick

Hi,

you caninsert preprocessor directiveslike this:
#define PX
#define A6
#define W7
at the top of ippmerged.c file.

Tell me if it does not work for you, I'll prepare simple MSVC project to show how it work.

Regards,
Vladimir

Vladimir,

Thanks for the assistance and yes that did the trick! The Merged Static LIbrary really compacted the code and will help a great deal with deployment.

Rick

Hi Rick,

I'm glad that it helps you.

By the way, we are really interested in our customers feedback. Moreover, it allows us to make the productbetter. So,in caseyouhave any comments about the IPP itwould be very useful to share them with us. The main point of interest, I think, may include:
-in which area you areusing IPP(something like signal processing, image processing, multimedia)
-how do you feel about it. Does it cover you needs, does it has enough functionality, performance and so on
-which issues do you face with IPP, what should be improved

Regards,
Vladimir

Accedere per lasciare un commento.