Very Bad Service from Atom Appstore Validation Team-- my application removed after approval- now stuck since jan 7th 2010

Very Bad Service from Atom Appstore Validation Team-- my application removed after approval- now stuck since jan 7th 2010

Hello there, My Application was removed from Appstore after approval-- on resubmit-- is stuck in validation queue since jan 7, 2010-Pls Help. I am copy pasting below my mail to our account manager-- who also agrees- that applications submitted after mine have been approved and appeared in store. In my application's case-- it is getting neither approved NOR rejected-- and mails to appdeveloper support are going unanswered. --- My company's application "DS-Billiards3D-Demo" was validated and approved for app-store; on date: "5th january, 2010". After validation and approval--- on date: 7th jan, 2010-- and we were asked to address some issues when launching our application with application launcher-- and re-submit our application. We addressed the issues informed to us-- and on same day (7th jan, 2010)-- we re-submitted our application. However-- since date-7th jan till today- 28th jan 2010-- we have not heard anything about validation status of our application. --- Our account manager will also recall that I have phoned and asked about this-- atleast twice-- and each time we were requested to wait for two-three more days. This is very bad- since incidents like these discourage us from developing anything for Intel application store. We have atleast two more projects-- in development- which we expected to ship as products through the intel application store-- but we are now tempted to pause those also. I will appreciate it if you can check with your team-- and inform us about the validation status same. Thanks and Regards, Nalin
15 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Hi Hal, Intel-team,

Re-submitted.
Please do the needful.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nalin

Hi Nalin and all,
I totally understand the frustration of having to resubmit the application and waiting in the validation queue. I admit that we found a critical bug in our internal validation system that was responsible for the confusion. Your application was not visible to the validation team and they had no idea your application was waiting in the queue. Despite the engineering focus, we were not able to resolve the problem immediately. We made a decision to reject the missing applications and are requesting developers to resubmit their app with a new GUID and app name as a work around to resolve the immediate issue. We also have pushed some major fixes into production this week to prevent this from happening in the future. I am really sorry that you have to go through your precious development cycles to resolve this issue. Thanks and appreciate your patience while we work out some of the issues during the beta phase of the program.

Please continue to help us identify any issues you encounter with the program. Innovative developers like you are very important to us and the success of this program rests on having really intersting applications in the Intel AppUp Center. We will continue to do our best to immediately address any and all issues you encounter in the future.

Thanks.
Ajay Mungara

Hello Nalin,

I am checking into this. I apologize for the delay.

Regards,

Hal G.

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program

Hello Nalin,

Apparently, there were some issues linking your binary to the test accounts. We are addressing this and it is currently of the highest priority. I will update you further as soon as I have additional information.

Regards,

Hal G.

Hal,
I will await further updates regarding this from you.

Apart from this forum post; I had also spoke to and mailed our account manager Mr.Nasir about this on (1) 12th jan, 2010; and also spoke and asked him to find out about this on (2) 22 jan, 2010; and then subsequently on date jan 28, 2010-- when he also fwded my mail to iadp-validation(at)intel(dot)com and cc-ed to me.
In each case- he did not receive any reply.

Also, (4) on the day I was told "app withdrawn, resubmit"-- I sent a mail to iadp-validation -- a few hours after submitting app.

Are you aware of this ?

A application being submitted for validation and not being assigned any tester is really a big issue-- and if Mr.Nasir of Intel has mailed Intel teams-- then atleast internally within intel your people should have found the error-- right on jan 12th ???

Can you please cross-check and if possible tell me why they did not detect this problem earlier ?

Regards,

Nalin
ps: if there's a bug in your system or processes-- then definitely this issue should be escalated and addressed-- Mr.Nasir's internal mails within Intel can get ignored-- I am concerned, then anything can happen-- totally at random.

Hello Nalin,

your case got already escalated by Hal as soon as he saw your problems in this forum thread. We try our best to investigate what happened and hope to resolve your issues asap. You will receive an update in this thread when we have some news.

Thanks for your feedback which helps us to improve our services !

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Hi Andre, Hal,
Thanks for the responses.
I appreciate this.

Posting in this forum (for me) was a "last-resort thing"-- and I hope this would help Intel refine and improve it's processes.

I will await further updates.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nalin

Nalin,

Just for your information.

If you have any queries regarding the Intel® Atom™ Developer Program, program questions, sdk queries, membership queries and/or anything regarding this program we recommend you post it here on the forum or use our contact us form to get through to us: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/contact

These are the only main and fastest ways you can get through to us. Please also note that this forum is monitored on a daily basis (business days only) by us. Hence if you post anything here, you will definitely hear from us and the same applies for our email support request.

If you initiate contacts internally with Intel® employees regarding an issue with the Intel® Atom™ Developer Program, then you should follow up with them if they are working on your issue. We cannot monitor or follow up with direct internal contacts unless the internal contacts get to us and this may take quite a long time. We also cannot guarantee that you should always get a reply from internal Intel® contacts.

Concerning the issue you raised above, we are working on it. We will get back to you when we get a response.

Regards
Rooven

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Team

Regards,
DG Rooven

Hi Rooven,
Thanks for your post.

As regards what you have said about "if you initiate contacts internally..."-- India being a key market, Intel has assigned account managers to contact and follow up with companies like mine and ask us at each step if things are going ok- and that is the person I referred to first-- who directed us to iadp-validation(at)intel(dot)com.

I am very much aware of the points and issues you mentioned-- and that is why I have mentioned the above-- so that you are made aware- that even internally the proper information was not available; and hence the possibility that some processes and information flow need streamlining.

Anyways-- I will await updates.

Thanks and Regards,

Nalin

Hey Hal, Rooven, Andre,

Any news on my app ?

Hal said "it had not been assigned a tester"-- so have you people assigned a tester now ?

Do let me know...
Thanks and Best Regards,

NS

Hello Nalin,

We are encountering an issue (unknown root cause at this time) which is preventing your application from being visible in the validation clients we use to test/approve app submissions.

In an attempt to remedy and to help find the root cause, please create a new submission (new GUID) with a new name (using no special characters like “-”). For example, you could use DSBilliardsDemo.msi Please use the shortest name possible using only letters. We will watch for the new file and put it on top of the list to validate.

Let us know when the submission is complete so we can check for your application. Once again we are requesting a new submission, not a resubmission. You do not need to cancel the old submission until we verify that the new one shows up for testing.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we work through these issues.

Best Regards,

Hal G.

Hi Hal, Intel-team,

I have made a new submission of my application-- under name BilliardsDemo

I have followed all of the above directions by you (Hal).

Please do the needful.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nalin

this is really consuming lot of time, reading the above post it's not encouraging to submit any apps till the whole system is streamlined, you are doing the trail and error with live data and real developer community.

I am totally dis-appointed with such responses. most of the apps are half-way done and couldn't publish because there is no proper support, the only active involvement I see is only from Brian and few others, I really do not understand why Intel support team always reply with same validation guidelines and criteria where as our problems are different and the content provided are general.

I really appreciate if Intel assign some validation team members to interact on the forum and reply to our concerns, support always say validation failed but can any validator tell us what is in real happing to our apps?

I am lossing and see going no where this way but still hope and confident intel will do the needful.

Khan

Khan

---
I am removing my earlier negative and long posts since I feel they dont serve much purpose here-- will talk more at appropriate forum/level

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi