Developing Moblin app and Intel Atom Developer Program app using c#.net

Developing Moblin app and Intel Atom Developer Program app using c#.net

Ritratto di Prashanth Reddy
We are new to moblin development. 1. Can application developed using Intel Atom Developers program SDK be submitted to moblin garage? 2. We want to develop an application for playing flash games using c#.net, what are the requirements of development system? Which .Net framework has to be installed on the development system? I hope .Net framework for linux. Please tell me how to set up development environment for my development system. Can any body answer above questions. Its an very urgent requirement for us. Thanks in advance.
50 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di Andre (Intel)

Hello,

applications developed with the SDK of the Intel® Atom™ Developer Program can only be published here (using the Dashboard).
Also in the moment only C/C++ is supported and not C#/Mono or other runtimes.

There will be more SDKs coming for different runtimes like Java etc.
Have a look here: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/develop

Also please be aware that Moblin will merge into MeeGo over the next weeks:
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/1054

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Prashanth,

In reference to setting up your development environment. Please see this link to get started:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/how-to-develop-application

There is a wealth of information in the Blogs as well: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog

Thanks for the replay.

We came to know that application can be developed by creating C#.Net wrapper and submitted to Intel Atom Developers program . Like in the following links

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog/2009/12/09/building-net-applications-app-store

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog/2009/12/09/converting-atom-store-guid-net-guid

So before developing application by creating .Net wrapper and submitting we want to know weather using .Net wrapper is valid ? Will it be accepted by Intel Atom and added to app store. Is there any application in the app store that was developed by a language other than C/C++?

Can any body tell me the difference between Intel Atom developer program application AND Moblin application?

Hello,

all applications which are not pure C/C++ are not supported by us. That means that the Validation Team can reject them. There is no guarantee an application with a wrapper will be accepted.

A normal Moblin application can be installed directly on Moblin OS. A Moblin application which was written with the SDK of the Intel® Atom™ Developer Program can only be installed through the Intel® AppUp(SM) Center and needs to pass validation before it will be published.

The Intel® AppUp(SM) Center is here:
http://www.intel.com/consumer/products/appup.htm

Best Regards,

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Prashanth,

I can also add that the .NET platform should be included in the next ATOM SDK release. This will save you from writing a wrapper and ensure it will pass validation. Please keep an eye on this page for release details:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/develop

Best of luck!

I have downloaded SDK for windows from intel atom for app developers. In sample folder there were two test apps for c lan. I chose HelloWorldApp
to create dll by building it so that it can be used in C# app.
When I tried to build using visual studio 2005 ( .Net 2.0 ) I was getting following error.

Fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'msvcprt.lib'.

I tried a lot in Google but I was unable to fix it. Please can any body help me.

Thanks in advance....

i think VS2005 is not supported ,and VS2008 (VS9) is currently the only supported version.

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Mahmoud is correct.

Please compile using Visual Studio 2008. Additionally, I would suggest you ensure your interop DLL has dependencies for .NET 2.0 rather than the default of 3.5. This will make deployment more successful. because all machines that can run AppUp have at least .NET 2.0 runtime.

Thanks for reply,

So from above post I understood that i should use only compiler of 2008 and framework of 2005 i,e 2.0 framework

If Iam wrong can anybody clear me.

Thanks in advance.

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Prashanth,

For now, yes that is correct.

We must wait for the next ATOM SDK release to see if .NET 3.5 will be supported or not. We are just over a week away from that announcement I believe.

It is glad to hear that news.
Will they just announce? or will they give download for Atom SDK for .Net? after one week.

Hello Brian,

can you share with us where you got this information from ?

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Andre,

I have heard a few times that details on the next challenge will be announced March 9th +-. It would only make sense that .NET would be a part of the next challenge, unless the development of that portion of the ATOM SDK is slightly delayed. This is a hypothesis formed from limited information (e.g. http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/1025#comment-2414) and development life-cycle logic :)

Hello Brian,

lets not speculate about SDK release dates, we will either publish it when it's done or pre-announce it as soon as we have something to share.

Besides this, have a look here:

Intel® Atom™ Developer Program Million Dollar Development Fund:
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/articles?order=created&sort=desc

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

I have downloaded Intel Atom SDK for windows and I tried to compile helloworld sample example using visual studio 2008 by creating Win32 project type( VC++ ). But Iam getting the following three eroors. OS Iam using is Virtual windows XP( Sun virtual box. ) I think the bug is in the library files I have downloaded. Can any body help me here(I want to create wrapper class here)

1)
LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SHRegGetValueW@28 referenced in function "public: static class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > const __cdecl com::intel::adp::SystemUtils::GetRegistryKeyValueData(struct HKEY__ *,class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > const &,class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > const &)" (?GetRegistryKeyValueData@SystemUtils@adp@intel@com@@SA?BV?$basic_string@_WU?$char_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@std@@PAUHKEY__@@ABV56@1@Z)

in adpcore.lib library

2)
LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _GetModuleFileNameExW@16 referenced in function "public: static class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > const __cdecl com::intel::adp::SystemUtils::GetAppName(void)" (?GetAppName@SystemUtils@adp@intel@com@@SA?BV?$basic_string@_WU?$char_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@std@@XZ)

in adpcore.lib library

3)
LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals C:\Documents and Settings\7stl082\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Project1\AdpWrapper\Debug\AdpWrapper.dll

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more thing is Can we develop Web Application to submit it to Atom Store?

Hi,
make sure that you also Linked with Psapi.lib and shlwapi.lib
See This:
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/716

waiting for reply

Hi Prashanth

from your win32 Dll Project properties menue item,goto Linker -> Input -> Additional dependencies -> add these libraries: adpcored.lib adpcppfd.lib psapi.lib shlwapi.lib .

Thanks mahmoud-galal , its working..

Here Iam explaining issue clearly so that its solution can be helpful to others..

I want to develop Intel Atom App using c#.net by creating wrapper in two steps.
1)
Iam trying to create dll using C language code present in the SDK.

2)
Later I will create C#.net wrapper class to consume this unmanaged code.

I am sorry to say that I am unable to pass my first step(creating win32 dll). I am facing three errors that are mentioned in the above post.

What files I should use to create this dll. If Iam going wrong anywhere please tell me right approach.

In our game application we dont want to bind swf. Instead of swf we want to bind exe( which is also a flash game). This exe has been developed on windows operating system. Now will the game(exe flash game) in my application run on nettops or netbooks. Iam asking this question because netbooks are based on linux.

Hello,

Netbooks come preinstalled with either Windows or Linux or no OS at all. Currently in this developer program we only support Windows 7 Starter and Windows XP SP3. Flash is currently not supported but we plan to release an Adobe AIR SDK soon.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Thanks for reply,

Clearly saying, the file is not swf but exe. Actually on button click that exe file gets executed nothing but game will be played on button click. So I want to know wheather exe will execute on nettops, netbooks..

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Prashanth,

You can determine this by Beta testing your own application using the AppUp Client. Please follow the instructions below to do this:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/beta-testing

If you have any difficulty please let me know.

Thanks BrianDevArch, this link is very helpful to me.

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Your welcome. Please don't hesitate to ask questions on here, this community has alot to offer. Best of luck!

I created msi successfully, It appeared in pending downloads also. But when I click download it started downloading but it is stopping at 100% without downloading. I dont understand wheather it is a problem with Intel AppUp client or with my application. I followed all specifications correctly. Also I will reconsider my app once again. Is there any other way to test it?. My msi size is around 4MB. Is there any size limit to msi file?

Hello,

the MSI file size limit for Windows applications is around 2GByte.

The problem you have described could be an issue with your MSI installer or might be related to the fact that the AppUp Center currently is down.
Depending on when you have done the test, this might be the reason.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Ritratto di Hal

Hello,

As Andre stated, the the Intel AppUp(SM) Center was down for a period this week-end. The issue with the AppUp Center BETA store access has been identified and resolved. Please try again. If your application still fails you may have an issue with your MSI installer.

Best Regards

Hal G.

Technical Support Team

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Prashanth,

Are you able to install your MSI now using the beta testing functionality? If not, double check that you are not running AppUp and the ATOM SDK on the same computer, as they have conflicts at times.

Ritratto di 7Seas Entertainment Limited

Hi BrianDevArch ,

I uploaded sdk without merging modules Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm , Microsoft_VC90_DebugCRT_x86.msm BUT I merged Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86_x64.msm , Microsoft_VC90_DebugCRT_x86_x64.msm since prior modules were missing. This meight be the reason for my MSI failure. I hope the required merge modules(x86) are present in Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1.

L. Maruti Sanker

Waiting for replay

L. Maruti Sanker

I want to submit an open source app. Now this MSI contains an exe file. Do I need to merge any module to support this exe.

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

7Seas,

My blog post on MSI creation should help clear up the merge module question:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog/2009/12/21/how-create-msi-installer-using-visual-studio-2008

In reference to validation, I suggest you beta test it locally to ensure a clean install. Also be sure to remove all dialogues from your MSI per this post:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog/2009/12/28/msi-silent-install-package-requirement-update

Best of luck.

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Prasthanth.

Please see the links above as they explain which CRT merge modules to include in your Package and Deployment project.

My app (in .net) is almost ready. The last issue(I hope) is I am unable to find Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm and Microsoft_VC90_DebugCRT_x86.msm instead I found Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86_x64.msm and Microsoft_VC90_DebugCRT_x86_x64.msm in /common files/merge modules/

I also installed visual studio 2008 service pack 1. Still I cant find them. From where I can obtain Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm and Microsoft_VC90_DebugCRT_x86.msm merge module.

I tried adding x86_x64.msm for CRT Release, and one for CRT Debug. But got following warnings when I varified using orca tool.
Warnings like..
ICE03 WARNING String overflow (greater than length permitted in column); Table: SxsMsmGenComponents, Column: Component_, Key(s): downlevel_manifest.30729.01.policy_9_0_Microsoft_VC90_DebugCRT_x64.SP.89DA5E69_EE7F_3C0D_94F9_D019EA372106 (....)

Can any body tell me how can I get Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm and Microsoft_VC90_DebugCRT_x86.msm.

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Prasthanth.

These Merge Modules ship standard with Visual Studio 2008 and are typically found here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules\

If yours are missing, perhaps a Visual Studio reinstall will bring them back for you.

What version of Visual Studio are you using?

Iam using Visual Studio 2008. I cant find them even in Visual Studio 2005. We have installed visual studio 2008 SP1 also but no result. How to find the location where VS 2008 sp has been installed.

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Prashanth,

You want to know where the Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack is installed? It is installed over your existing Visual Studio 2008 installation. In your case I would re-install Visual Studio 2008 Professional to repair the missing merge modules (Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm, and others).

My application has launch issue from app store but it is starting from other locations like desktop, start. Shortcut has been created well. Msi is also validated successfully without any errors. But when I merged modules Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86, Microsoft_VC90_DebugCRT_x86 I got warnings like..

ICE03 WARNING String overflow (greater than length permitted in column); Table: Directory, Column: Directory, Key(s): WindowsFolder.21022.08.Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.RTM.0138F525_6C8A_333F_A105_14AE030B9A54 (not one but many warnings like String overflow when I merged modules )

I followed these links also...

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/troubleshooting-validation-failures
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/733

I think there should not be any launch issue even if there are warnings in MSI.

What meight be the problem with my app?

L. Maruti Sanker

After I downloaded app using Intel appUp client Beta from pending downloads. A shortcut is created on desktop also in programs menu. When I click those shortcuts game is playing well. But when I launch from app store I got a window containing following message.

Rapidride has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

L. Maruti Sanker

To start exe we are using following statement in c#
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(System.IO.Path.GetFullPath("RapidRideGame.exe"));

L. Maruti Sanker
Ritratto di BrianDevArch

7Seas,

If you do not include the proper C++ Runtime merge modules your app will fail validation. The best way to determine this is to install AppUp, and beta test your application on a completely clean install of Windows.

Why are you starting your .exe in this way? Are you using some sort of loader .exe to call your primary .exe?

All my issues have been solved. Our application has launched successfully from Intel AppUp.

Special thanks to Andre , BrianDevArch , mahmoud-galal , Hal for being with me all these days.

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Prashanth,

Excellent to hear. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

May I suggest this article, as I am sure we will all be supporting many customers this year :)

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog/2010/03/03/supporting-your-customers-greater-reward

Ritratto di deepnarayan-choubey

Happy day Prashanth ! Your Moblin app give best idea about all programming field. Thanks.

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

7Seas,

Was your launch issue resolved?

Yes launch issue is resolved in Intel AppUp Beta Client. It is submitted and validation is in progress.

Ritratto di Jeremy Wadsack

To follow up on the original subject of this thread... there is now a semi-official wrapper class that will allow you to develop .NET apps for Windows and submit them to the AppUp store. See this article: http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/article/dot-net-wrapper

Accedere per lasciare un commento.