silent uninstall how to do it in vs2008

silent uninstall how to do it in vs2008

I can not find the settings for silent uninstall in vs2008 project. Any help?
24 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Hello Chang-Li,

have you checked this Blog ?
http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/blog/2010/01/15/silent-installer-demystified

Also we had a couple of forum topics about silent MSI and how to do it (search function).

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® Atom™ Developer Program
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Chang-li,

Where are you seeing a requirement for a silent UN-Install? Do you mean Silent Install? By default, a Visual Studio 2008 Package and Deployment projects Uninstall routine will pass the current Validation requirements.

My uninstall procedure in AppUp prompted a dialog box as "Are sure to remove?" Yes/No.

Intel's validation suggests to remove this dialog box in the next version. Although I have passed the validation , I do not know how to do silent uninstall.

This is an interesting question. Typically the parent app would use a command line like this:

msiexec /x ATOM_App.msi /q

When uninstalling from the system control panel, your are prompted with the Yes/No by the OS. If there is an additional prompt being presented by your MSI please post a screen shot so I can help solve this issue.

Hello Chang-Li,

the message box "Uninstall the application / Are you sure? / Yes-No" is coming from the AppUp Center and not from your own software. If you press "Yes" your uninstaller will be launched.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Thanks. I think I do not need to modify anything.

My apps just failed validation on the silent uninstall because of the message box "Uninstall the application / Are you sure? / Yes-No" I have just used a standard MSI from within visual studio. It installs silently okay. Any ideas?

Hello Andy,

could you please post the full message you received from the validation team ? Thanks.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

Dear Valued Member,

This is to inform you that Mole Control v1.1.1 has failed to meet Intel(R) Atom(TM) Developer Program's
validation criteria.

Failure Reason: ILU02 - Application uninstall

Additional Comments: One minor issue only. On uninstall the user is prompted with a dialog box asking them to confirm. Uninstalls need to be completely silent. Please make this one correction and we will prioritize your app for retesting and get it completed asap. All other previously reported issues have been resolved. Thank you for ongoing cooperation.

Check the failure code against the Intel(R) Application/Component Suitability Guidelines
and Validation Criteria document. This document lists the error codes and the associated
tests that were run on your application. Additional comments provided may help narrow
down the specific failure(s).

Once you revise your code please resubmit it for validation.

Best regards,
Intel(R) Atom(TM) Developer Program Team

Hello Andy,

I think they mean that your MSI file launches a MessageBox itself, which of course is against the "totally silent" rule.
Best is to check your MSI with Orca.

Best Regards

Andre B.

Technical Support Team
Intel® AppUp(SM) Center

I did have a look and I can't see any message box other than the one mentioned here. (Just to clarify, the only way to uninstall our app is through add/remove programs) I've got the MSI open in Orca here, what is it I need to be looking for?

Thanks,
Andy

Andy,

Have you tried Beta testing your application to reproduce the error?

We did try to go ahead with the BETA testing but you have to be in America or Canada to do the BETA testing so we couldn't do it because we are in the UK.

Andy,

You may still beta test using this method:

Beta Testers (outside the US or Canada):

Complete the following steps to enable beta test accounts on the Intel AppUp Center:

1. Go to www.intelappup.com to download and install the Intel AppUp™ Client Beta
2. Launch the Intel AppUp Client Beta, click on "Sign-in" and complete the required elements of the registration process. Important: You must use the email address from the account you received the beta test invitation.
3. When prompted for location, register as a US resident.
4. When the payment information screen appears, click "Cancel"
5. Now login to Intel AppUp Client Beta using the email address/username you just registered.
6. The beta applications should appear under "Pending Downloads" on the My Apps tab. Important: Beta-only test accounts will not be able to purchase or download free applications from the store.

Hi, I am one of Andy's colleagues, and have been trying to sign up for beta testing again.

I can't sign up because when I click 'register' via the AppUp software, it says that I am not connected to the internet (but I am connected).

Error: 'Oops! this feature requires you to be online.
Please check your Internet connectivity and try again.'

I tried to do this on two different computers, one PC with wired connection, one netbook with wireless.

Can you please tell me how to resolve this, or if you cannot, please give us more information on how to resolve the silent uninstall issue?

Thanks

Remode,

I would suggest you follow the instructions above to register for AppUp and then Beta Test your application locally. This will allow attachment of your debugger and hopefully and answer to your questions.

Hello,

Make sure you are using a supported O/S. If you have the SDK and BETA client on same machine you may see issues. Verify that system date is set to today's date. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling client. We have seen this error on some 64 bit systems (not yet supported). Please see Known Issues and FAQs here: http://communities.intel.com/community/appup

Best Regards

Hal G.

Technical Support Team

Hi,

I have managed to get hold of a 32 bit machine, uploaded our game and registered it for beta testing. It came up under my pending downloads tab as you said it would, but when I try to download it (several times) I get an error message:
"Oops! Something weird happened and we couldn't complete your request. Please try again. If you continue to get this error, please contact support'.

I have tried to get the beta testing working, and at every stage something has gone wrong. I have now spent a lot of time on this, and just cannot justify more time spent on trying to get around the errors that I keep coming up against.

Can you please help Andy to resolve the problem without having to access the beta testing. I would welcome advice on how to also fix this beta testing problem, but we really need to get this small uninstall bug fixed in the meantime, so please help us with this.

Thanks

Remode,

I highly suggest that you get beta testing working. For me, it has saved me countless days waiting for validation and ultimately having to re-submit my applications. This will allow you to reproduce the issue and hopefully attach your debugger. The validation team does not offer guidance or debugging, they simply validate your entry.

Here are some key questions to consider related to your "oops" message:

1.) Does your MSI install on a clean machine (without the SDK)?
2.) Do you have AppUp installed on the same machine as the Intel ATOM SDK?
3.) What OS are you running AppUp on? What version of XP / Windowss 7?
4.) Do you have all windows updates and the latest .NET runtime?

Please let me know what the answers to those questions brings and i will do my best to assist.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me. In answer to your questions:

1.) Does your MSI install on a clean machine (without the SDK)? Yes. Our game is already out on several portals, and about to be released on Steam.
2.) Do you have AppUp installed on the same machine as the Intel ATOM SDK? No.
3.) What OS are you running AppUp on? What version of XP / Windowss 7? XP
4.) Do you have all windows updates and the latest .NET runtime? Yes

Remode,

Regarding question 1, what I mean is will the MSI you have submitted install on that same computer?

Do you have any firewall or application protection installed on these machines?

Hi,

Thanks for your help Brian, but we have just been informed that we were failed accidentally, and we have actually passed.

Thanks

Congratulations Remode. That is how Beta programs work, we learn from each other.

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi