Meego 1.1 in VirtualBox: Frozen graphics in Terminal and Qt applications

Meego 1.1 in VirtualBox: Frozen graphics in Terminal and Qt applications

Hi!
I installed Meego v.1.1 in VirtualBox. And have two big problem.   1. Frequent "freezing" in Terminal window: cursor not blink, keyboard input not work, terminal output (logging) not update. Other window and system working normal, freezing only content of Terminal window. Only content! Terminal menu work already normal. Freezing come in after next action: - After move Terminal window - After resize Terminal window - Frequent after switch to other window and return to Terminal window Easy way for unfreezing: open new terminal tab in Terminal window, or close exists unneeded terminal tab. This is really Terminal bug? Or it is libglx.so in VirtualBox bug?   2. I ported my Qt-only application to MeeGo. My application normal work tested in 11 various Linux distribution and in Window, normal work under Qt 4.5, 4.6, 4.7. The MeeGo port of my application running, but don't update Qt interface. Example: I create new note in list. But this note not visible. I know that this new note is exists: I click to area where want the note, and can perform the necessary actions with her. But note not view. This is MeeGo & Qt bug? Or it is libglx.so in VirtualBox bug?
6 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Hi Xintrea:

1) MeeGo did run on Virtualbox at one point in time but recent VirtualBox and MeeGo releases have revealed some incompatibilities. We are fixing it. Can you try out MeeGo on a netbook or directly on a device without a VM?

2) Did you test it also on a VirtualBox environment? If so, can you try it out with MeeGo running on an actual device? Can you tell me the Qt classes that you have used for the note? Is it QLabel?

Thanks

--Vincent

I have only my Linux workstation, and don't have any device as MeeGo netbook or MeeGo smartphone.

If I create zip-archive with my beta application (it is portable version, worked in any directory) can do you small testing interface rendering on real MeeGo device? If interface work normally, I'll know that possible developning under Linux, and next easy compile to MeeGo.

For note presentation i use QListView, QTreeView, etc.

PS: What can you say about Terminal frozen bug? It appear in real MeeGo device?

Thanks.

Hi xintrea:

Is making your current workstation dual-boot with your current Linux and MeeGo an option you can pursue?
If so, I need to know your hardware information like what processor does it have and how much memory?

As for frozen terminal, I have not experienced that myself. But that is just me, one single data point so it is hardly statistically significant. There are some features in xterm I could not get it going but it if mostly functional for me and I have never experienced freezing up.

Thanks

--Vincent

Ok, i try to running MeeGo on real hardware. But this hardware is very different from MeeGo hardware. CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8400, Ram: 4Gb, Video: GeForce GT220. I am afraid that the main problem will be in video card, because the system MeeGo targeting to Intel Graphics cards or other mobility hardware.

Hi Xintrea:

I think your setup is worth trying to run MeeGo. Give it a shot. Your current linux distro, if it is using GRUB, should be compatible with MeeGo for dual-boot.

let us know how it goes.

-Vincent

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi