Mounting a USB Drive on MeeGo Tablet

Mounting a USB Drive on MeeGo Tablet

Hello All. I have one of the MeeGo Tablets that Intel distributed at GDC. I need to get some data off of it to provide to Intel and my only option is to use a USB drive because I can't get the networking to function properly. My linux is a bit rusty and I can't remember how to mount the USB drive. I know the system sees it because it shows up in one of the panels. However, I can't access it because it doesn't mount when checking for it from a terminal window. Can someone let me know the command for mounting it? I have created a mount point for it to be mounted to and I can see it in the messages file as "scsi4 usb-storage 2-1:1,0". But that is as far as I can go. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Jeff W
3 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Hi Jeff:

Try and see if these steps can help ($ means the command prompt inside terminal):

Open Terminal from "View All Applications" from tablet menu.

$ su -

$ tail –f /var/log/messages

Note down strings, usually 3rd line from bottom that says:
sdb : sdb1

$ mount –t vfat /dev/sdb1 /media

$ exit

* Assuming USB key is formatted in vfat
* su will prompt for password : meego

Thanks, that worked for me. I was able to mount the usb and do the rpm install on the app center for appup. I don't know if it runs yet. I had it working before but it wasn't populated. Is there a reason why. I know the windows version has stuff in it. I thought all meego distros were going to be treated the same?

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi