Problem with virtual keyboard on ExoPC for Qt Quick's TextInput element

Problem with virtual keyboard on ExoPC for Qt Quick's TextInput element

I wrote an application running on MeeGo Tablet 1.2 Preview. I use Qt Quick and TextInput element to obtain an input from the user. I do not see the virtual keyboard appears when I tap/press on the TextInput element. All settings of TextInput element are default. Does anyone know why this condition occurs? How do I cause the virtual keyboard to appear when user taps on the TextInput element? thanks, victor
6 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Update on this issue.

I resolved this issue. In a nutshell, the MeeGo Tablet Preview edition is shipped with the /etc/xdg/autostart/meego-im-uiserver.desktop file that looks like the following content:

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=/usr/bin/meego-im-uiserver -remote-theme
X-Moblin-Priority=High
OnlyShowIn=X-MEEGO-HS;

The "OnlyShowIn=X-MEEGO-HS;" line prevents the virtual keyboard to appears. The solution is one of the following lines:

Option 1:
Add X-MEEGO-NB to the OnlyShowIn line or replace the "X-MEEGO-HS" with "X-MEEGO-NB"

At this point in time, I do not see a code for MeeGo Tablet yet. However, the code for netbook works on ExoPC tablet also.

Option 2:
Remove or comment out the "OnlyShowIn=X-MEEGO-HS;" line.

I hope this solution helps other users.
-victor

-victor

I think the MeeGo Tablet development team should add the symbol for tablet on the "OnlyShowIn" line by default. If the default is tablet, the development team shoud remove the "OnlyShowIn" line from the meego-im-uiserver.desktop file.
-victor

Thanks for sharing!

I have another update to the above settings. You must also add the following environment variable in your resource file. For example, .bashrc file.

export QT_IM_MODULE=MInputContext

Ritratto di BrianDevArch

Thanks for sharing Victor.

Accedere per lasciare un commento.