RNG & NIST

RNG & NIST

Ritratto di dmitry.k

Hello, 

Does MKL’s RNGs address of NIST SP 800-90A recommendation for random number generation using deterministic random bit generators?

Thanks,

Dmitry 

5 post / 0 new
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di Gennady Fedorov (Intel)

Hello Dmitry, MKL RNG checked the NIST SP 800 tests and all tests were passed.

Ritratto di dmitry.k

Gennady, thanks for timely answer. But, I interested in item “8.8 Prediction Resistance and Backtracking Resistance” of NIST SP 800-90A (January 2012). How many RNG’s outputs I need to observe for recovery of seed due to “reverse engineering”?

Ritratto di Victoriya Kardakova (Intel)

Hello Dmitry,
Most of the MKL basic generators do not address prediction resistance and backtracking resistance of NIST SP 800-90A.
Please try using non-deterministic RNG (VSL_BRNG_NONDETERM) which is available in MKL 10.3 Update12 to obtain those properties. "This BRNG is an abstraction of the source of non-deterministic random numbers supported in hardware". See VSL Notes for the details: http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/hpc/mkl/vslnotes/...

Ritratto di dmitry.k

Ok. If I get right, not one from among deterministic RNGs not compliance with NIST SP 800-90A recommendation. Will Intel plan to improve it? I believe repeatable unpredictable pseudo-random sequence will be useful for customers.
Thanks,
Dmitry

Accedere per lasciare un commento.