MKL path

MKL path

Hi, I have had the previous version (12.1.7.371) of the Intel Fortran compiler already installed on my computer. I have just installed the newest version (13.0.1.119) while still keeping the old one. The PATH did not get modified to point to the new MKL library. It still has the following entries from previous intallations: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1.371\redist\intel64\mkl; C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1.278\redist\intel64\mkl; C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1.278\redist\ia32\mkl; The PATH does NOT have: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\redist\intel64\mkl; Does this mean that if I run programs compiled to use MKL, I will use the old library? I have just ran the Dependency Walker, and noticed that the newly compiled executable points to the old library. I will modify the PATH manually to correct this. Roman

4 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

In the 2013 product, we no longer add the performance library DLL paths to the system PATH environment variable. We made this change because of Windows' limits on the size of PATH and this was causing problems for some of our customers. You will need to add the DLL path for MKL yourself (and remove the old one.)

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, I was just re-reading the Release Notes, and noticed that my question was already answered on page 3. Thanks for not telling me
to RTFM :-)

Does this mean that whenever we install a new version of the compiler, we have to remember to modify the PATH environment variable?

Unless you select the option to install the update "alongside" the older one, the default is that the update replaces the earlier version so you won't need to do that. You could also use %IFORT_COMPILER13% in the PATH value - this will always point to the most recent install of the 2013 product whichever you choose. For example, %IFORT_COMPILER13%redist\ia32\mkl;%IFORT_COMPILER13%redist\intel64\mkl

As for not telling you to RTFRN, well, you get bonus points for doing it at all. I wish more would - we put a lot of effort into the release notes.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi