Failed Linux installation

Failed Linux installation

Hi,

Trying to install Parallel Studio 2013 on a Linux (RHEL5) system but the installation is failing without indicating why for several components. 

Where do i start my search for what's causing the failures?

Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]:
Step no: 6 of 7 | Installation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each component will be installed individually. If you cancel the installation,
components that have been completely installed will remain on your system. This
installation may take several minutes, depending on your system and the options
you selected.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installing Inspector XE Command line interface component...
ERROR: RPM package installation failed. It may be caused by lack of access
permissions or disk quota. Installation cannot continue.
Installing Advisor XE Command line interface component...
ERROR: RPM package installation failed. It may be caused by lack of access
permissions or disk quota. Installation cannot continue.
Installing Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0 on IA-32 component... failed
Installing Intel Debugger 13.0 on IA-32 component... failed
Installing Intel Math Kernel Library 11.0 on IA-32 component... failed
Installing Intel Integrated Performance Primitives 7.1 on IA-32 component... failed
Installing Intel Threading Building Blocks 4.1 core files and examples
component... failed
Finalizing installation... done
Step no: 7 of 7 | Complete
Thank you for installing and using the
Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2013 for Linux*

7 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

This is a RHEL5 system, kernel 2.6-18

Installing as root; modified install directory to be in a local partition with plenty of storage.

Hi Scott,

Could you please post the log file, you can find it in /tmp/intel.pset.$USER.$HOSTNAME_*.log and /tmp/intel.issa.$USER.$HOSTNAME_*.log where the last part is the timestamp.

Regards,
Michael

Thanks Michael -- I've added the log files to the thread.

Allegati: 

Hi Scott,

Could you please try to install Parallel Studio XE in silent mode "install.sh -s silent.cfg", where you replace the line INSTALL_MODE=RPM with INSTALL_MODE=NONRPM in the file silent.cfg.

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your assistance. I modified silent.cfg per your instruction and the installation succeeded.

However, an error message was displayed following the install and I'm not sure if this affects the installation's integrity (I've also uploaded the log files from the install):

pulse(bash):/base/data/parallel_studio_xe_2013# ./install.sh -s silent.cfg
rpm: error while loading shared libraries: librpm-4.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
rpm: error while loading shared libraries: librpm-4.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Missing optional pre-requisites
-- Intel(R) Advisor XE 2013: The installed version of the glibc library is not
compatible
-- Intel(R) Advisor XE 2013: Cannot detect gtk library
Intel Remote Monitoring Client 1.0.5, built Jun 26 2012 13:51:52
Copyright (C) 2012 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Usage: intelremotemon -p -t -e []

-p|-product_id
identifier of product for which you want to send event
-t|-event_type
event type:
i|individual - individual event
b|bulk - bulk event
-e|-event_id
identifier of event which you want to send
-c|-component_id
identifier of product component
-s|-session_id