A downloading problem with a new version of 'Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Optimization Manual'

A downloading problem with a new version of 'Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Optimization Manual'

Hi everybody,

There is a strange downloading problem with a new version of 'Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Optimization Manual' at:

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/manual/64-ia-32-architectures-optim...

A process of downloading of the manual stops (!) when ~6.64MB out of 6.91MB is downloaded. I tried to download the document a couple of times without success.

Best regards,
Sergey

11 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Sergey,

I can download it right now. You might try a different browser? I used Chrome.

Thanks,
Roman

I can download without any problems.

>>... can download it right now. You might try a different browser?

I use IE version 8.0.6001.18702 but I don't think it is related to the browser. Is it possible that it is related to some timeout? Anyway, I'll try again.

Was it a temporary issue perhaps? I doubt it's something about timeouts becasue the download time is just a few seconds...

Hi Dmitry,

>>...Was it a temporary issue perhaps? I doubt it's something about timeouts...

I think so and everything is fine now.
Best regards,
Sergey

>>...a new version of 'Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Optimization Manual'...

In my archive of Intel manuals I have a 1997, 2007 and now 2012 versions of 'Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Optimization Manual'. The 2012 version is the best one and I really like it. Three new chapters related to SSE4.2, AVX and Atom CPU are added.

1997? Wow! We probably need to make a better promotion of this whitepaper.

>>...1997, 2007 and now 2012 versions of 'Intel 64 and IA-32 Architectures Optimization Manual'...

It is very interesting to see evolution of the document:

1997 - 150 pages
2007 - 512 pages
2012 - 800 pages

A yet another prove of Moore's law? ;)

>>...I have a 1997, 2007 and now 2012 versions...

Unfortunately, Intel doesn't keep older versions of manuals online. Where else a software / hardware engineer could look for some legacy stuff that is more than 5 or 10 years old? So, it would be nice to have a web-page with all versions of manuals.

Accedere per lasciare un commento.