Kernel Trace and/or Debug Tools ?

Kernel Trace and/or Debug Tools ?

1. Will general Linux tools such as SystemTap, Kdump, or Kernel Debugger be availble or ported to MIC ?

2. Is there a document to describe kSCIF interface/API ?

Thanks,

Wendy

6 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

I'm trying to get a more complete answer for you but what I have so far is that the Kernel Debugger is on the feature request list.

As far as the kSCIF information, under /opt/intel/mic/scif/docs, on the host for the coprocessor,there are both kernel and user API manuals.

Thanks .. I'm more familiar with general mailing list posting ... not sure how this forum thing works. Hopefully this reply will reach a right place.

I would imagine the "kdump" or "system tap" would be easier than kernel debugger ? Doing kernel works on MIC, my current (and most significant) difficulty is kernel crash/panic. It has to use the "printk" type of tracing - taking numerous build-reload cycles to figure out where the system crashes. It is more than tedious.

-- Wendy

MIC kernel does have CONFIG_CRASH_DUMP enabled. its kdump files show up in host's /var/crash/mic/ directory. Now all I need is to find the corresponding vmlinux file. Could someone pass info on how to rebuild (and/or obtain) the vmlinux file to read these dumps ?

Great Thanks,
Wendy

Try /lib/firmware/mic/vmlinux. Is that what you need? If you need to recompile the kernel, you will need the MPSS tar file, but I'm not sure the full kernel code is there.

The "vmlinux" file works well. Now I know where exactly the kmod crashes :) ...

Great Thanks,
Wendy

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi