Is F# same as Fortran in Visual Studio? Where to put my code in VS

Is F# same as Fortran in Visual Studio? Where to put my code in VS

I was able to install Intel Visual Fortran. Thanks for all members help.

Now I am planning to copy/paste my code into a new project in VS.

The only relevant place in New Project for me is F# Application.

But it didn't work and got lots of erors. When I read the wikibook for F#, I thought it is totally different than FORTRAN.

But in the mean time I couldn't find any other place in New Project to put my code.

Also I will be happy if you could direct me to a site to learn the basics of wrting/running a fortran program through VisualStudio.

BR
R. Khoshravan

6 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

The extension of the code was fs. I changed it into .for
I think now the problem will be solved.
Still I am looking for a site to learn basics of debugging/compiling of FORTRAN code in VS

Where can I find simple FORTRAN codes to run in order to become familiar with the VS environment?

Indications are that you do not have a working installation of Intel Fortran. If you installed Visual Studio after Intel Fortran, the latter will not have been integrated into Visual Studio. Reinstall Intel Fortran, at least the VS Integration part.

You should have several entries under "Intel Visual Fortran..." in the Start Menu if you have completed installing Intel Fortran.

When you get there, look in the <Intel_compiler_installation_directory>\Samples\en_US\Fortran directory. Each of the .zip files there contains a complete Fortran project, ready to build, run and learn from.

Correct, F# has nothing to do with Intel Fortran.

Quote:

mecej4 wrote:

Indications are that you do not have a working installation of Intel Fortran. If you installed Visual Studio after Intel Fortran, the latter will not have been integrated into Visual Studio. Reinstall Intel Fortran, at least the VS Integration part.

You should have several entries under "Intel Visual Fortran..." in the Start Menu if you have completed installing Intel Fortran.

When you get there, look in the <Intel_compiler_installation_directory>\Samples\en_US\Fortran directory. Each of the .zip files there contains a complete Fortran project, ready to build, run and learn from.

Correct, F# has nothing to do with Intel Fortran.

Dear Mecej4
I installed Visual Studio first. I downloaded it directly from Internet. Later I installed Intel Visual Fortran and this time it didn't give error message of (Can't integrate into Visual Studio) That is why I presume IVF has been installed correctly.
I have few stuff of tutorial in start menu of IVF and I have attached a photo. Please have a look at it to see if you are talking about these stuff or not.
Under that directory, I couldn't find any thing you are talking about. There are only two icons as 1- Math Kernel Library 11.0 Tutorial 2- Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 Tutorial Are these what you are talking about?

But as I mentioned in my 2nd email, changing the extension from ps to for solved the problem and it runs and executes. Am I missing something?

Your input is highly appreciated

F# has nothing to do with Fortran at all.It is a Microsoft "functional programming" language. As we discussed in your other thread, you chose to not install the C++ component of Visual Studio, which means your Fortran install failed. My advice would be to download the full Intel Visual Fortran installer - the latest one your license is eligible for. This includes all of the Microsoft software that you need for Fortran development. You probably have one of the subset installers that lacks the VS Shell.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi