Segfault in kernel compilation

Segfault in kernel compilation

Ritratto di Bruce M.

The attached kernel causes a segfault when clBuildProgram is called. Steps to reproduce:

1. On an Ubuntu 64-bit 12.04.1 system, install onlineclc (http://gitorious.org/onlineclc).
  2. Install the 2013 beta SDK as the only (or first) OpenCL platform on the system.
  3. Run onlineclc crash.cl. It will segfault.

The kernel is a minimal example created by deleting as much code as possible while still segfaulting, so it doesn't do anything useful.

Device info:

Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Vendor: Intel(R) Corporation
Device OpenCL C version: OpenCL C 1.2
Driver version: 1.2
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
Version: OpenCL 1.2 (Build 56860)

AllegatoDimensione
Scarica crash.zip1.15 KB
4 post / 0 new
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di Jeffrey Mcallister (Intel)

I just happened to have a system with Ubuntu 12.04 convenient for testing. I was able to replicate the segfault via the command-line compiler too (not just with onlineclc). You've probably already seen this -- the compilation was successful using a similar kernel without the union.

Unfortunately this can't be filed as a bug yet. Intel OpenCL doesn't support Ubuntu, just Fedora and SUSE. In order to process the bug it will need to be reproduced on a supported configuration. Any chance you could try this on a supported setup?

Thanks,
Jeff

Ritratto di Yuri Kulakov (Intel)

Actually the issue is reproducible on RHEL 6.1 as well, so I'm going to submit a bug for it.

Thanks,
Yuri

Ritratto di Yuri Kulakov (Intel)

Hi Bruce,

The issue has been fixed and will be available in the next release later this year.

Thanks,
Yuri

Accedere per lasciare un commento.