SDE + MSVC Debugging

SDE + MSVC Debugging

Hi,

I'm attempting to debug an application via Visual Studio, I've followed the instructions listed here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-emul...

System:

• Windows 7
  • Visual Studio 2012 (Update 1) - w/ the SDE Extension (5.38)

I've setup the SDE path and have an empty project and selected the SDE Debugger, the Application Command and Working Directory are correct. It appears that the debugger never connects properly, I will see the SDE command window popup (with nothing printed). Visual Studio will eventually show a dialog:

"Not able to connect with the debugger after 20 seconds. Try increasing the '20 Timeout' property. This could also indicate that the Pin tool crashed in its main() function."

Even bumping the timeout to 60 seconds doesn't seem to work.

Running the sde executable on the application outside of the debugger seems to work correctly (the application looks for the CPUID AVX2 flag).

Thanks

10 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di Mark Charney (Intel)

Hi, sorry for the delayed response.  

In MSVS2012, go to Debug -> Options and Settings -> Intel(R) SDE Debugger and in the Internal Logging  Options field enter: "general,errors,warnings" (without the quotes). And post/send any pinadx-*.log files that are generated (presumably in the directory listted as the Log Directory). See attachment to this posting.

Allegati: 

AllegatoDimensione
Download sde-debug-options.png42.61 KB
Ritratto di Mark Charney (Intel)

Also check for any pin-*log.txt files in the working directory where SDE would have run. Possibly an assertion or exception was triggered and it would be logged there.

Hi, I still seem to be running into this issue still with the following versions:

• Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 (for debugger)
  • Windows 7
  • sde-external-6.7.0-2013-09-21-win
  • Target executable is built with Visual Studio 2008

I've attached the requested log file, there was no log file present under the working directory of the application.

Allegati: 

AllegatoDimensione
Download pinadx-2.12.56759-0.log1.37 KB

Hi

Can you please attach VS12 files (solution and projects)

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

I've attached my solution and project file. I've left only the debugger settings for launching our executable, which is under the Win32 Debug configuration. I've also tried running VS2012 with and without administrative privileges and it still produces the same timeout.

Additional information: When launching the SDE debugger, the following executables are launched (hierarchy shown from process explorer):

Allegati: 

AllegatoDimensione
Download dummyvc11project.7z1.65 KB

Hi

What MSI installer version do you have?

Can you please upload the application  binary as well?

Hi

I have noticed that you have added "enum -v" argument .

Is there an option for you to remove it or to add it to "Application Command" fields?

Mark,

Have you solved this issue?

Michael

Hi Mark

Any news?

I have noticed that you have added "enum -v" argument .

Is there an option for you to remove it or to add it to "Application Command" fields?

Thanks,

Michael

Accedere per lasciare un commento.