How to reduce the data output in Lightweight Hotspots Analysis

How to reduce the data output in Lightweight Hotspots Analysis

I understand it's necessary to save all the event data in order to do the analysis. However, saving it to one big .vtss file is the dumbest thing I'ver ever seen. I appologize for the words I'm using. I have even a file with 16GB. It crawls and crashes when it load and resolves.  Any suggestion to resolve this issue?

I sent out crash report 2 days ago, never heard any feed back. If the tech support is so bad, why bother? Sorry about the attitude.

2 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

First at all, thanks of sending crash report. It might take time for investigating...and might be fixed in future releases. I also think "crash" problem is another issue even data out is huge.

Back to reduce the size of data output, you might do one of below:
1. Change option in project properties, set "-target-duration-type=medium" or set "-target-duration-type=long". The tool will change sample interval to reduce the size of result.
2. Right-click on Lightweight-hotspots then select "copy from current" to create a new analysis type for you. You are allowed to enlarge Sample After Value to reduce samples.
3.Another way is to use Pause/Resume API to collect data in specific code area (time range?) to reduce the size of result. See this KB - http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-call-resume-and-pause-ap...

Hope it helps.

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi