Exif data with MFT encoder

Exif data with MFT encoder

Hi,

I'm interested in using the Media SDK's JPEG encoder in my MFT. One of the requirements that I have is that I need to embed EXIF-data along with the JPEG bitstream (JFIF). I checked the Media SDK's APIs and didn't see anything that would allow me to send EXIF-data in addition to the raw buffer for encoding. I'd like to know if it's possible for me to achieve the above using the Media SDK framework. 

Thanks

4 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

>>...I checked the Media SDK's APIs and didn't see anything that would allow me to send EXIF-data in addition to the raw buffer
>>for encoding. I'd like to know if it's possible for me to achieve the above using the Media SDK framework.

Please take a look at:

- Windows Media Format SDK ( version 11 ) or WMDM SDK ( I see that there is some support for EXIF format in the SDK ) and this is a function name for reference:
SetGdiplusCodec( WMDM_FORMATCODE_IMAGE_EXIF, pImgCodecInfo[idxCodec].Clsid );

- DirectX SDK help files ( chm extension ) have some details for EXIF

- GDI+ API has some support for EXIF format but be carefull since quality of implementation of EXIF format / standard in early versions of GDI+ API I would rate as poor

Hi,

Media SDK has no support for EXIF data handling, As Sergey suggested, please explore alternatives exposed by other components.

Regards,
Petter 

Here are web-links:

WMF SDK
- msdn.microsoft.com/library/ms867224.aspx - new
- go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=12054 - old

and

WMDM SDK
- www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93... - old
- www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15434 - new ( samples only )

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi