Disable Ultrabook Touchpad

Disable Ultrabook Touchpad

Is there a way to disable the touchpad on the Ultrabook? Thanks.

23 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Here are the instructions to disable touchpad if you synaptics drivers installed - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/scicoria/archive/2013/01/29/disable-swipe-on-syn...

Thanks, Rumnha

Assuming you are using Windows 8, here are the steps
open Search Charm > Enter "Mouse" in search box
Go to settings section. You will get "change mouse settings" option. Select that
If you open that window, you will get option to change settings of Touch Pad.

Raghavendra Ural

In my Intel SDP, I did not find settings for Touch Pad as @Ural said.

But I could disable my touch pad after installing Synaptic's drivers.

Mouse > change mouse settings. Please refer the attached image.

Allegati: 

AllegatoDimensione
Download touchpad.png17.75 KB
Thanks, Rumnha

hi Rumnha,

If you follow the attached flow, you will be able to disable the touchpad.

Ural

Allegati: 

AllegatoDimensione
Download disabletouch.png49.93 KB
Raghavendra Ural

Ural,

I too, don't have a Touchpad tab on my mouse driver to disable it.

Rumnha,

Do you have the URL to download the proper Synaptic drivers for the Intel SDP?

Thank you both!

Sam

Allegati: 

AllegatoDimensione
Download no-touchpad-tab.png24.8 KB

Hi Sam,

I see exactly as Ural described on the Intel PUB-RD running Windows 8 Pro.  In device manager the touchpad shows as an Alps Pointing-device manufactured by Alps Electric.  You could uninstall the driver which would be a brute force way to stop it working.

David 

David, 

Under what category in Device Manager do you see the Alps Pointing Device (see attached screenshot).

Thanks,

Sam

Allegati: 

AllegatoDimensione
Download device-manager.png60.71 KB

Hi Sam,

On mine it is in Mice and other pointing devices, see attached.

David

Allegati: 

AllegatoDimensione
Download alps.jpg110.88 KB

Of course if the reason for disabling the touchpad is because of erroneous actions when typing *and* you have the touchpad configuration tool - probably available via hidden icon in the taskbar then you can adjust TouchGuard TM. at the bottom - see attached.

David 

Allegati: 

AllegatoDimensione
Download touchguard.jpg37.1 KB

Thanks, David,

I'm obviously missing a driver, since I have neither the Touchpad tab under mouse settings, nor any Alps pointing device in Device Manager. I'll try to locate and install the Synaptics driver and report back my results.

Hi Rumnha,

I see quite a number of OEMs listed on the Synaptics site: http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers/oem_support, but not Intel. Which driver did you download?

Thanks,

Sam

@Sam: I downloaded the drivers from their direct link: synaptics.com/resources/drivers for windows 8 (113.9 MB). I guess you should not worry about OEM support, this should just work fine for you. I did not try Alps drivers but you could: eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10569-windows-8-alps-touchpad-driver.html (I'm not sure if they are official or will work correctly).

@David and @Ural, you guys are right as from your screenshots, I can see you have Alps drivers installed. The reason I could not see the settings on my ultrabook is that I did not have them installed.

So one could go and install Alps or Synaptics drivers to work with touchpad settings. I hope this make sense.

Thanks, Rumnha

Hi Sam/Rumnha,

Did you check out Intel Premier Support for the driver?

David

I think checking the follwoing link may help with you http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc...

To disable the TouchPad:

1. Click Start , enter mouse in the search field, and then select Mouse from the search results.
  2. On the Device Settings tab of the Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the TouchPad.

Hi Ponram,

I see you have made a huge number of posts across Intel forums and are trying to help but I believe this refers to an Intel PUB-RD running Windows 8. The drivers are available from Intel Premier Support.  The link you gave was for HP Laptop running Vista or Windows 7.

David

Yes, David. You are right, It is indeed in the driver package that comes with PUB-RD additionally one can obtain it from Premier support. Thanks for pointing out that. It is just our basic instinct, when we see a problem we tend to go to Google;)

Thanks, Rumnha

Yes, David. You are right, It is indeed in the driver package that comes with PUB-RD additionally one can obtain it from Premier support. Thanks for pointing out that. It is just our basic instinct, when we see a problem we tend to go to Google;)

Thanks, Rumnha

Hi Rumnha,

Glad to be of help, have you resolved the issue now?

David

Hi David,

I have same issue and search PUB-RD in HP TS but can't find it.

Hi, on keypad some times the manufacturer make a shortcut key for disable this.

JudLup Luna

Hi Lloyd,

Sorry i missed your post.

PUB-RD refers to an Intel Ultrabook released to developers and now no longer supported by Intel Premier support.  If you have one of these then you will need the drivers for the PUB-RD.  If not then you need to get the driver from your Ultrabook manufacturer.

David

Hi Lloyd,

Sorry i missed your post.

PUB-RD refers to an Intel Ultrabook released to developers and now no longer supported by Intel Premier support.  If you have one of these then you will need the drivers for the PUB-RD.  If not then you need to get the driver from your Ultrabook manufacturer.

David

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi