Problems with /fast optimization

Problems with /fast optimization

Hi Folks,

I have a program that compiles with no problem using INTEL Visual Fortran (13.0) with Visual Studio 2010 (upgraded to SP1)  libraries within the Winteracter development tool. No problems are flagged. When I use the /fast compiler option, I get the following for each subroutine:

myprogram.obj : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/Intel(R) compiler non-linkable IL object file' encountered; ignored

followed by the following killer:

LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol WinMainCRTStartup

The only difference between the two compiles is the /fast option. It appears that my program are not seeing some libraries or something. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bill Full

4 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

HI again... A solution is to make sure that the INTEL(XLINK) linker is being used and not the Microsoft linker. I changed this and it appears to have solved the issue...

BIll

Yes, the Microsoft /GL and the Intel IPO object file formats are different, so you can't mix objects and tools when using these options (included in /fast).

>>...LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol WinMainCRTStartup

You could also try to add WinMainCRTStartup symbol in the project settings for Linker: Entry Point attribute of the application. In cases when UNICODE character set is used this is mandatory to define that symbol.

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi