Frame Analyzer Crash

Frame Analyzer Crash

Hi,

I've got a simple one DX11 Dispatch frame capture of something I've been working on which crashes the Frame Analyzer when I try to analyse it, I've attached it to this post.

If you can't reproduce the crash with the attached capture I can provide more details.

Thanks,

Adam

AllegatoDimensione
Download mc64-2013-04-18-02-04-20-671.zip34.89 KB
9 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Hello,

Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll take a look at the file later today.

Regards,

Neal

Hi,

I'm seeing the same issue, but the xml output file that's created doesn't provide a lot of info. So could you please right-click the Intel GPA Monitor icon in the notification tray and copy the "About..." info here?

A couple of other questions as well:
- I think you used the 2932 driver, but there's a newer driver available (3071), which supposedly fixes a number of issues. Can you try this newer driver as well?
- What version of DX11 is this? I'm assuming that it's not DX11.1?

Thanks!

Neal

Hi Neal,

Windows 8, 64-bit DEP enabled
Num Processors: 8
Memory: 16334MB
System BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1504 (08/03/2012)
Driver 0:
Device: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Provider: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Date: 3-18-2013
Version: 12.100.17.0
VendorId: 1002
ProductId: 6819
Stepping: 0
No support for GPA Instrumentation
GPA install directory: C:\Program Files\Intel\GPA\2013 R1\
GPA version: 13.1.194259
Current user is in Administrators group: YES
Current GPA 2013 R1 (13.1.194259)

Obviously as you can see I'm using a discrete AMD GPU. As far as I was aware using non Intel GPUs is supported, but without the instrumentation that would otherwise be available. Although I do have an Ivy Bridge / HD4000 GPU, I wasn't using during capture or playback, for this reason I suppose updating the driver is not applicable.

This is plain DX11.0 yes. I'm using VS2012 and Windows Kit 8 as opposed to the DX SDK.

If you need any more information just let me know,

Thanks,

Adam

Hi,

As I mentioned to you in a private message, we are looking at this issue.

At first glance, it appears that you may be using a feature of the AMD graphics that we don't handle well (in other words, it's a bug). I'll let you know when I find out more.

Regards,

Neal

Hello,

It looks like the problem is related to the creation of the file, as the frame capture file is invalid.

Therefore, is there a way that you could get me a copy of the program that you used to create the file? The executable alone should be sufficient, and you can send it to me in a private message if you don't want to post it on these forums.

Thanks!

Neal

Hi Neal,

Yup, I should be able to zip up the executable/assets and even the source code if you want it. I'll get this done within the next couple of days.

Thanks,

Adam

Apologies I've not yet sent this through, it's still on my TODO list.

Hello,

Please let me know if there's more I can do to help, but at this time I'm going to close this ticket for now until you have a chance to send me the additional info we need to chase this down.

Also, it might be worthwhile to test with Intel GPA 2013 R2 -- this issue may have been resolved as part of fixing another defect.

Regards,

Neal

Regards,

Neal

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi