Any way to save output windows?

Any way to save output windows?

I noticed recently that when debugging a program, we used to be able to store the contents of an output window,

and similarly, we could get an octal dump of a file we want to look at and save that as well. Now it appears that those options are no longer

available in the windows that are opened.

Likewise I can't print out the contents of the subroutine source code either.

Has there been some radical change in the user interfaces? Last year, all those features

were available to us.

9 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di jimdempseyatthecove

The VS Output Window should accept Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C Then you can paste this into notepad, wordpad, word, C++ project xxx.txt file. You can do the same for Memory, Watch, Call Stack, ....

Note, Memory and Watch can toggle between Hex and decimal (type) by right-click over number then toggle Hex button.

The CMD (Console Window, Right-Click on title bar, Edit, Select All, Enter. Then you can paste this into notepad, wordpad, word, C++ project xxx.txt file.

Jim Dempsey

www.quickthreadprogramming.com
Ritratto di Steve Lionel (Intel)

You probably changed Visual Studio versions. As of VS2010, the "binary editor" is a bit more difficult to get at, but it is still there.

Go to File > Open > File...  Note that the "Open" button at the bottom of the dialog has a small arrow to the right of the word Open. Click the arrow. This reveals more choices, one of which is "Open With..." Now a list of programs you can use to open the file is displayed.  Select Binary Editor.  Hexadecimal is the only option as far as I know.

Steve

>>...I noticed recently that when debugging a program, we used to be able to store the contents of an output window...

Please specify what version and edition of Visual Studio you use. I do the same from time to time with several Visual Studios and I have Not notice any changes with Copy and Paste operations for Output Window. The same applies for many other Windows in Visual Studios.

I think, as you said, I was thrown off by a new version of Visual Studio.

If I download a new edition of F`ortran, is there a way to get the LATEST

VS, rather than soemthing that came out 2 years ago? Or do you advise against that?

Perhaps it only accomodates C++ bells and whistles and not the fortran.

VS 2012 Express Edition is available for free but I'm Not sure that Fortran could be integrated with it. I hope that somebody could confirm it.

Microsoft forbids GUI integration of 3rd party compilers such as ifort into any VS Express.

VS2012 (in versions eligible for integration with Intel 2013 compilers) is attractive mainly for the new C++ and C# features, particularly if you choose not to use Intel C++.  Presumably, VS2012 Shell would replace VS2010 Shell in ifort when the time is ripe.

Ritratto di Steve Lionel (Intel)

There's no advantage to using VS2012 for Fortran over VS2010. Indeed, one can't use Fortran from any of the Express editions.  We are working with Microsoft to be able to provide a VS2012 Shell in future releases, but there's nothing wrong with VS2010 Shell. In fact, I know of some things that don't work right with VS2012 that are ok in VS2010.

Steve

OK, thanks for the feedback.

I wiil just stick with what I have -

Accedere per lasciare un commento.