Using alias templates as template template parameters.

Using alias templates as template template parameters.

Hello,

I'm currently working with Intel compiler under Windows (Version 13.1.3) and try to use alias templates as template template parameters. Essentially I would like to compile something like this:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
template<class A, class B>
struct Temp {
int foo() {
return 42;
} 
};
template<class A>
using c_t = Temp<A,int>;
template<template<class> class TYPE>
struct Temp2 {
TYPE<int> a;
void foo() {
cout << a.foo() << endl;
}
};

int main()
{
Temp2<c_t> a;
a.foo();
return 0;
}

This code compiles fine e.g. with GNU gcc 4.7.1. but the Intel compiler complains that the alias template c_t is not compatible with the template tempalte parameter TYPE.  Is gcc here not restrictive enough or is it an actual bug in icl? A post on stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7319567/can-i-use-template-aliases-as-template-template-parameters) seems to suggest the latter...

(I used the following command line arguments to compile: /Qstd=c++11 /Qlocation )

Best Regards,

Raffael

5 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

I tried your test case on Windows with a later version of the compiler (13.1.*) and it compiles without errors, printing 42. Could you re-try after updating with the latest available?

>>...I used the following command line arguments to compile: /Qstd=c++11 /Qlocation...

Why do you need /Qlocation option?

This is what command line help shows for that option:
/Qlocation, [ tool ], [ dir ]
set [ dir ] as the location of tool specified by [ tool ]

Just for comparison these are results for version 12 of Intel C++ compiler:

[ Compilation Output ]

..\Tests>icl.exe /Qstd=c++0x /Qlocation Test26.cpp
Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 12.1.7.371 Build 20120928
Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
icl: command line warning #10006: ignoring unknown option '/Qlocation'

Test26.cpp
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.762
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

-out:Test26.exe
Test26.obj

[ Test Output ]

..\Tests>Test26.exe
..\Tests>

Hi Melanie and Sergey,

First of all thanks a lot for debugging the test case! The test case that I posted seems to compile indeed :)

I found out last week that I made a stupid mistake while compiling the test case with the Intel Compiler: In reality my problem is way more complex and spans over 4 different (Traits-) classes, so I've tried to reduce the problem to the above test case but I must have made an error while compiling it in order to get the error message, arrgh. I guess I was a bit confused because my real problem has indeed this error message.

I tried today for four hours to reduce my problem to a form which I could post here but it's almost impossible. So I've decided to circumvent the problem with another helper class that substitutes the alias template.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Raffael

Accedere per lasciare un commento.