Proper settings for -fpp on Windows

Proper settings for -fpp on Windows

I have -fpp option on Linux. However, when I do the corrosponding setting in the Windows I do not get the exact same answers on Windows as in Linux. On Windows, I am setting the Preprocess Source File option to Yes in the Fortran Preprocessor Option Category.

I think there is some other setting that I have to change on Windows in order to get the same results on Windows as in Linux. Can anyone tell me what am I missing?

5 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

I have to add to the question above that I am getting really close answers but there is no reason that the answers should be close. They must be the same. I am looking for settings in Visual Studio that will make it same as the linux -fpp.

fpp is only a preprocessor, and does not generate code, its output is a compilable program, after doing any conditional compilation in the original source code.

You can save the intermediate file by using the ifort command option /Qsave-temps and then look at it yourself.   The corresponding option on Linux is -save-temps

I'm curious why you think that fpp is changing your run-time results?

--Lorri

Got it. Thanks. I have changed the setting to  /fp:precise. However, I was wondering what gcc switch nearest to /fp:precise is?

ifort /fp:precise /assume:byterecl,buffered_io might be analogous in VS X64 mode to

gfortran -O2 -ftree-vectorize -funroll-loops --param max-unroll-times=4 -flto

If you are using 32-bit mode, you would also set ifort -mia32 or gfortran -march=pentium4 to get similar instruction sets.

Note that you should add ,protect_parens to the ifort assume: options list if you drop /fp, in order to be consistent with gfortran, which never uses -fno-protect-parens unless you set it explicitly. gcc does have no-protect-parens implied by other optimizations, but I assumed you really meant gfortran.  This is one of the few exceptions where gfortran and gcc options may differ.

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi