Seeking better understanding of Intel Smart Connect

Seeking better understanding of Intel Smart Connect

Some questions I have about Smart Connect are:

1) Once lid is closed how does system decide on which power state to go into. What’s the criteria for going into S0i1 and what’s the criteria for going into S0i3?

2) What happens to the system when in S0i1 state? I know it reduces power but in respects to device states or anything else what is going on here?

3) What happens to the system when in S0i3? I know it reduces even more power but in respects to device states or anything else what is going on here?

4) If my system is in S0i1 state how does email updates occur?

5) If my system is in S0i3 state how does email updates occur?

6) If my system is in S0 state and im streaming audio and i close my lid will my audi stream continue or will it stop?

7) If someone is trying to contact me via skype while I am in S0i1 or S0i3 will my system alert me of the incoming request?

Any insight is appreciated.

3 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di souradeep-ghosh

Your questions are more technical. Please be more descriptive to clear your doubts.

Ritratto di daflippers

Actually I think the questions are fairly clear however I think they are fairly difficult to answer.  I took the time to do a quick search rather than post an unhelpful answer and read http://www.intel.com/support/services/smartconnect/sb/CS-033105.htm which tells you it is designed to periodically wake up from sleep/standby and check for emails provided the battery is >15%.  No mention of Skype though.

I hope this is of some help to th OP.

David 

Accedere per lasciare un commento.