Lacking debugging info for threadprivate module variables?

Lacking debugging info for threadprivate module variables?

Hi,

I'm using Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE on Intel(R) 64, version 13.1.3 Package ID: w_fcompxe_2013.5.198 and I've just changed to VS2010. One of my modules MESH_mfMesh has private pointers tThis (threadprivate) and tCurrent( not threadprivate). When I try to access these variables in the debugger I use the syntax MESH_mfMesh::tCurrent. Using this syntax I can access tCurrent as I was used to with VS2008, but when I try to inspect MESH_mfMesh::tThis in the watch window I get the #00000001431D3BD8 in the value field. With MESH_mfMesh::tCurrent I get the value {...} as usual. I only use one thread in the case I'm currently debugging. Has multithreaded debugging been changed/improved in VS2010? Is there some new syntax introduced in VS2010 to access tThis from the correct thread? Do I need to update my VS2010 installation? Can anyone please help me?

Magne Rudshaug

2 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

Barring fix for debugger, what I usually end up doing is adding conditional compile section that compiles in debug mode and which constructs a pointer to the object/array of interest (pointer in local scope of subroutine/function). An alternative is, if the hex address is the TLS pointer, I examine the struct in memory window (though this is harder to interpret).

Jim Dempsey

www.quickthreadprogramming.com

Accedere per lasciare un commento.