Ubuntu: source compilervars for graphical programs like Netbeans

Ubuntu: source compilervars for graphical programs like Netbeans

Hi,

First of all, the sourcing of the variable scripts for the intel compiler, vtune, advisor and inspector works fine for the shell when I put them in my bashrc. Nevertheless, I need the environment variables for the compiler (tbb, mkl, ..) in some of my graphical programs too because I use the icc in Netbeans or Mathematica. Unfortunately, I have not found a way to source the scripts for my gnome session so that graphical programs have them automatically. 

As far as I could find out, this is some specific issue for the compilervars.sh script because the e.g. the advisor-vars.sh script works. Here is what I did. I created a file /etc/profile.d/intelCC.sh with the content

source /opt/intel/composerxe/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
source /opt/intel/inspector_xe/inspxe-vars.sh intel64
source /opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe/amplxe-vars.sh intel64
source /opt/intel/advisor_xe/advixe-vars.sh intel64
export XXXXX="Hello"

This seems to be the right way to set system-wide variables which are only loaded once at gnome-login. And indeed, after a logout/login some of the variables are always available, be it in a terminal or in a GUI program. For instance the defined XXXXX is available, but additionally e.g. VTUNE_AMPLIFIER_XE_2013_DIR and the PATH was adjusted to contain vtune,advisor,... directories.

What does not work is the setting which happens in all the sub-scripts executed in compilervars.sh.

Does someone has a clue what I am doing wrong here?

Cheers, Patrick

2 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Best Reply

The problem was that Ubuntu 12 uses /bin/dash as sh which is not compatible with the variable scripts. To fix this you have to link sh to your bash as described here:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-compilers-for-linux-with-ubuntu

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi