segmentation fault

segmentation fault

I am working on a openmp enabled code . whenever I make a native run there is segmentation fault on MIC but code runs fine on XEON .

Arrays are 64 byte aligned and using #pragma vector aligned in a for loop interestingly this pragma causes seg fault .

Removing the pragma resolves the problem but want to know why is it happening ,I an also using __assume_aligned inside function containg the for loop and memory is allocated using _mm_malloc .

6 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

You're probably aware of the idz article on segfaults in general and that the most common MIC causes are low stack limit or too many threads.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/determining-root-cause-of-sigse...

several of the sections apply equally well to c or c++.

I had already gone through it but the problem retained. Also this problem is a combination of restrict keyword for pointers in function along with

#pragma vector aligned . Eliminating any one of them resolves the issues.

Pragma vector aligned asserts that the first element of each array accessed in the for begins a new cache line. Segfault is expected on mic when you promise this but don't deliver. Compile without the pragma with -vec-report6 to see which references the compiler provides for unaligned. __assume_aligned assertions provide for individual alignments.

Thanks for the reply

I worked out as you suggested by removing the pragma vector aligned and going through the vec report . Vec report suggests that all the refrences inside that particular loop are somehow now unaligned .

FD_Scheme_block.c(148): (col. 10) remark: vectorization support: reference (unknown) has unaligned access
FD_Scheme_block.c(148): (col. 10) remark: vectorization support: reference (unknown) has unaligned access
FD_Scheme_block.c(148): (col. 10) remark: vectorization support: reference (unknown) has aligned access
FD_Scheme_block.c(148): (col. 10) remark: vectorization support: unaligned access used inside loop body

The compiler must assume unaligned where it doesn't have information to the contrary. I don't know whether adding debug symbols would help to resolve the (unknown) notations.  The compiler can align one reference by peeling the loop for alignment, probably so that a stored array section is aligned (unless you set #pragma vector unaligned).  

If you believe the arrays are aligned, you could add __assume aligned() assertions one at a time to find out which one is failing alignment at run time.

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi