Welcome to the 2014 Intel Level Up Game Dev Challenge!

Welcome to the 2014 Intel Level Up Game Dev Challenge!

Hello and welcome!

I'm super excited for another season of Level Up.  You'll notice a subtle but important change in the name from "Intel Level Up Game DEMO Contest" to "Intel Level Up Game DEVELOPER Contest".  We recieved feedback last year that the term "demo" carries more weight amongst would be participants - many people thought we were looking for polished, consumer ready "demos".  What we are in fact looking for are innovative signs of life, playable proofs of concept, prototypes and basically anything up to but not including released games.

The contest will be open for entries starting next Monday, March 17, and we will have some of last years winners in our GDC booth to help promote the contest.  Plesae swing by and say hello!

This season we're putting even more of a focus on innovation in Intel platforms with a specific call out, that 50% of the scoring will come from use of Ultrabook / 2 in 1 features such as touch input, tablet/clamshell context awareness, use of sensors, etc.  (see Official Rules for details).

We've got a great panel of celebrity judges to play through the best of this years submissions to determine the winners!

I do not take feedback lightly, and for those of you who are developing games in countries that aren't specifically included for the contest, I'm terribly sorry that I was not able to change our global contest policy.  Please keep developing games, innovating, and become sucessful!

Sincerely,

Mitch

5 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

I'll elaborate a little more on the bit about countries being included or not since the question has come up a few times.  It has been incredibly painful to me that many key countries are not able to be included in the Intel Level Up Contest.  The reason being is that with the contest being administered by Intel, Intel legal needs to be able to certify that the terms and conditions of the contest comply with local laws.  They are only able to certify our contest for a subset of countries in the world - this is due to changing legal landscapes, or variation within countries of regional laws.  The bottom line is we can no longer directly offer "global" contests.  As an advocate for indie devs, I've managed to help do the right thing for you in some cases (like the Intel Seeding Agreement with the BRIX units from Steam Dev Days as opposed to a whole bunch of paperwork). But some battles I just can't win, and our legal department is trying to do the right thing for Intel and ultimately the developers - because it would REALLY suck if you won, then your local government said the contest didn't comply with local laws and you weren't able to capitalize on your prizing.

I know that it is highly disappointing to enthusiastic developers in countries not included.  As posted above, don't let this be a set-back.  Continue to develop games you love and that people will want to play!

Cheers!

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

I have a question regarding this. I'm of Argentine and Italian nationality, and currently residing in Germany. Neither Argentina nor Italy are listed in the rules, but Germany is. The wording is a bit unclear for me, as it says: "The contest is open to participants from the following countries:...". What does "from" exactly mean? Country of origin? Nationality? Residence? So in the end, can I participate? :)

Thanks.

Cheers,

It's a combination of (1) where you live, (2) where you're uploading/submitting from (3) where the prizing would potentially be fulfilled (aka where do we send a prize check).  Assuming the answer to all is Germany, then you're good to go.

~Mitch

Thanks, it makes it more clear.

Cheers,

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi