[yocto linux]: [ERROR] S is not set to the linux source directory

[yocto linux]: [ERROR] S is not set to the linux source directory

When building yoctolinux for galileo i encounter below build error. How to fix this?

========================================================================

ERROR: Function failed: do_kernel_checkout (log file is located at /home/swathi/internet_of_things/iotdk_src_140220/meta-intel-iot-devkit/build/tmp/work/clanton-poky-linux/linux-yocto-clanton/3.8-r0/temp/log.do_kernel_checkout.23829)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/swathi/internet_of_things/iotdk_src_140220/meta-intel-iot-devkit/build/tmp/work/clanton-poky-linux/linux-yocto-clanton/3.8-r0/temp/log.do_kernel_checkout.23829
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_kernel_checkout
| [ERROR]: S is not set to the linux source directory. Check
|          the recipe and set S to the proper extracted subdirectory
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_kernel_checkout (log file is located at /home/swathi/internet_of_things/iotdk_src_140220/meta-intel-iot-devkit/build/tmp/work/clanton-poky-linux/linux-yocto-clanton/3.8-r0/temp/log.do_kernel_checkout.23829)
ERROR: Task 343 (/home/swathi/internet_of_things/iotdk_src_140220/meta-intel-iot-devkit/meta-clanton-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-clanton_3.8.bb, do_kernel_checkout) failed with exit code '1'

========================================================================

Thanks,

Ravindranath

4 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di Brendan Le Foll (Intel)

Can you paste the log.do_kernel_checkout.23829 on a pastebin website or similar?

Also please tell us what distribution you are using and what arch you are running on (you must be on 64bit for sstate to work)

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your response. Please find the log file details below:

=========================================================

DEBUG: Executing shell function do_kernel_checkout
[ERROR]: S is not set to the linux source directory. Check
         the recipe and set S to the proper extracted subdirectory
WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
ERROR: Function failed: do_kernel_checkout (log file is located at /home/swathi/internet_of_things/iotdk_src_140220/meta-intel-iot-devkit/build/tmp/work/clanton-poky-linux/linux-yocto-clanton/3.8-r0/temp/log.do_kernel_checkout.1445)

=========================================================

My machine details:

I am working on a 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

steps I followed till now:

Basically I have problems with my network in accessing the link "git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;branch=linux-3.8.y" which is referred in "meta-clanton-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-clanton_3.8.bb". I am getting a time-out error when trying to access the link and the build is failing. So, I have modified the link to " http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;b...". Also added the below details for the build to progress:

SRC_URI[md5sum] = "06cd35eea3eb91c3a8e287721dd15294"
SRC_URI[sha256sum] = "433ce6b669b99842311e4f196feee4d227654b5e1f7b0aac06606918fdb864df"

From what I suspect, the linux sources are not populated in the "iotdk_src_140220/meta-intel-iot-devkit/build/tmp/work/clanton-poky-linux/linux-yocto-clanton/3.8-r0/linux" path. So, the script is not able to checkout the sources and hence the error.

I have tried downloading the linux source code tarball "linux-yocto-clanton-3.8-r0-.tar.gz" and placing the kernel code in the respective directory. But I am facing some issues with respect to "validate_branch" function. Help me out in:

1. Building the source with tarball and

2.Is there any way I can successfully populate the sources without resorting to tarball? Because, going forward, I will be adding further components to the linux kernel and would require the git sturcture to contribute back.

was this resolved, running into the same issue

Accedere per lasciare un commento.