Today I installed vPSM_188.8.131.5234 and tried to connect to a vPro 9 client. I got the following error:
Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace: at HLAPI.Wireless.WirelessWSMAN.GetLinkPolicy()
at HLAPI.GeneralInfo.GeneralInfoManager.RemoveWirelessIfNotSupported(List`1& supportedFeatures)
- Management station is a non-vPro Thinkpad using wired Ethernet. My WiFi reports "hardware radio switch is off."
- Client is a Lenovo M58p with vPro firmware version 9.0.2-build 1345. It's set up in small business mode or whatever the super-simple mode is called (no certificates). I can connect fine through the web interface.
- I am connecting across a router-based VPN. I used an IP address when trying to connect. I chose to connect using digest authentication and without TLS.
- I was successfully connecting to this machine a few months ago using vPSM_184.108.40.20680. When that aborted this time, I downloaded the latest (11634) but it still aborts.
I tried connecting to a couple other devices over the same VPN to the same remote network:
- Lenovo TS140 server, also running firmware version: 9.0.2-build 1345: crashes with "Max Retry attemps (sic) reached"
- Dell Optiplex 960 running firmware version: 5.2.40-build 1037: connects without issues
So it only seems to fail to connect to vPro 9 machines. Any suggestions on how to connect to these machines? Also, it would be nice the if the entire program didn't crash when a connection to a machine fails...