HAXM installation error - again

HAXM installation error - again

Hi,

Sorry for this again, but after reading all HAXM installations issues, I still can not install mine (hence can not run emulator). It says the XD bit is not enabled. I have checked it is enabled by windows and ran the bcdedit just in case.

I'm using Win7SP1 32bit, Intel Core2Duo T8300, XD and VT-x features both enabled in BIOS, no virtualization software installed (checked events HyperV is not there). I'm trying to run API 19 emulator. T

Any ideas?

I appreciate every bit of help.

Thanks,

Peter

14 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione
Ritratto di Alexander Weggerle (Intel)

Hi,

can you download and run CPUID from the following URL:

http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalCPUID/index-e.html

and post a screenshot here? 

Thanks, Alex

Hi Alex,

I don't have my computer at hand now, but I have run CPU-Z and Intel Processor Identification utility. Both showed VT-x insturction set and Intel utility also showed XD bit.

I'll also post the picture later.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Alex,

Here is the screenshot.

Cheers,

Peter

CPUID

Ritratto di Alexander Weggerle (Intel)

Hi Peter,

It should work. Let me ask some colleagues if they have an idea...

Thanks, Alex

Just checking - your bcdedit does show it as AlwaysOn  and  Windows (My Computer->Advanced System Settings->Advanced (tab)->Performance (settings button)->Data Execution Prevention ) shows it as on for all programs?

Hi Colleen,

Yes, I did check bcdedit based on the previous posts, along with Data Execution Prevention tab, both says AlwaysOn and on for all.

Cheers,

Peter

can you send the haxm_install_log.txt file - should be in \users\<yourlogin>\appdata\local

Please see it attached.

Allegati: 

AllegatoDimensione
Download haxm_install_log_6.txt512.11 KB

I find an error code 1603 which is often an MSI package error or putting the package entries into the registry.  I also see CustomAction CheckHAXStatusDeferred returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox).
The log also indicates the ND and VT settings are correct, also indicating that the error message may be wrong. May I ask if you've tried a reboot and then reinstall?

Best Reply
The failing call seems to be CheckHAXStatusDeferred.   However on first call it returns value 1.
But failure is later when it's called again and returns value 3
     CheckHAXStatus: Looking for existing reboot marker: C:\Users\peti\AppData\Local\Temp\{5657796F-9AA4-41D7-93A1-0D95CF6CEFE8}_reboot_required.  (and gives XD not on and 1603 errors)
 So I would strong suggest doing an uninstall, and then checking that everything is gone in
     \users\<yourlogin>\AppData\Local\Temp    files of your install date but be sure to check for   
           C:\Users\peti\AppData\Local\Temp\{5657796F-9AA4-41D7-93A1-0D95CF6CEFE8}_reboot_required

I'd also delete anything left in \Program Files\Intel\HAXM\ and Program Files\Intel\Download\HAXM\
  and C:\Windows\Installer\MSIE4E4.tmp and MSIE591.tmp, MSIE65D.tmp,and 39e3f9.msi (per your log)

plus you might want to clean the drvstore of the sys/inf files  
C:\Windows\system32\DRVSTORE\intelhaxm_BF70A650288CBA62C7469DB89BD275C624031117\IntelHaxm.sys' & inf

And I'd search the registry after the uninstall for HAX, but specifically check

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\F69775654AA97D14391AD059FCC6FE8E\

and there are probably at least 6 IDs under  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\(multiple IDs)\ all with the key F69775654AA97D14391AD059FCC6FE8E

Then reboot and try to reinstall.

Hi Colleen,

Yes, I did try restarting&reinstalling before. It didn't help.

I'll try your suggestions (going to take some time to get back on that).

Thanks,

Peter

Hi Colleen,

I finally had time to deal with it.

I've double checked all of your references and they were not there. After a couple of restarts the installation seemed to succeed. Weird, but it work now.

Thanks,

Peter

Glad to hear you got it working.

Accedere per lasciare un commento.