How to set EPT's memory type

How to set EPT's memory type

Hi, my guest is Ubuntu 14.04, and I test my code in VMware 10.

When I launch vmx, the Ubuntu can run as VM correctly. But if  I enabled the EPT, the Ubuntu hangs. I have tried to set the memory type through mtrr, failed too.

Is there any more detail information? Except the Xen link?

May I make a suggestion? There are many questions in this forumn, and a lot of answer is reference the Xen or Manaual. I know these material is good, but could some one give a more detailed answer? I have read the Manaual serval times, and the Xen is complicate, it can not help sometime.

8 post / 0 nuovi
Ultimo contenuto
Per informazioni complete sulle ottimizzazioni del compilatore, consultare l'Avviso sull'ottimizzazione

I found some existing posts related to your topics and may have some glues for you:

EPT write back memory type and Machine Check exception

KVM: Enable MTRR for EPT

-Thai

hi, i have tried so many times.still not work.

the strange thing is , i can see a lot of vm exit:cpuid, control register access, external interrupt. but no any response on the screen.

hi, i solved my problem.

i did not know that, my ubuntu make PAE enabled. if the PAE is enabled, PDPTE in guest not-register state must be set, and if a write to cr3 VM-exit happend, the PDPTE must be updated.

Congratulation Water!

If you could share a sample code of how you solve this issue for others to learn from, it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

-Thai

i am sorry i could not share the code.it's commerical.

No problem...I understand.

Thanks,

-Thai

by the way, the operation is very simple.

1) get value of cr3, we get the base address of the pdpte.

2) then write the pdpte to guest not-register state.

Lascia un commento

Eseguire l'accesso per aggiungere un commento. Non siete membri? Iscriviti oggi