When trying to Create a New Analysis in Intel® VTune™ Amplifier 2014 for Systems to connect to an Android* Device.
You may get the error message:
adb - device not found
cannot communicate with the target.
Error while getting collector context values.
or in Project Properties you might get the error message:
There are no Android Devices attached to this machine. You will not be able to collect any data.
There are 3 potential reasons for this:
- You don't have a device attached to the system.
At a command prompt type adb devices - and make sure a device is detected.
- The adb command is not in the path.
Add adb to the path and re-launch VTune Amplifier.
- There is a issue with the initial version of VTune Amplifier 2014 for Systems to be addressed in the next version - if you change devices VTune Amplifier will not allow you to connect. The following are the workarounds for that issue:
- In Windows* - Go to Project Properties: Target Tab: With the mouse select your device in "Choose A Device" - select it again. Now it should work.
- In Linux* - You have to create a New Project for each device.