|What If Home | Product Overview | Intel® TM ABI specification | Technical Requirements|
FAQ | Primary Technology Contacts | Discussion Forum | Blog
The Intel® Location Technologies Software Development Kit 1.0 (Intel® LTSDK) provides a location identification engine and a location identification API to work across Intel mobile platforms, using multiple location data sources. The location engine obtains location information from multiple location sources, providing more coverage for your location-based applications and services.
The Intel LTSDK makes it easier and faster to develop and deploy compelling location-based applications and services tuned for the mobile world. From Intel notebooks or Ultra Mobile Platforms, your customers can now enjoy the freedom, flexibility, and security of location-based navigation and mapping, including finding places and friends, to tracking devices from anywhere.
Features and Benefits
Faster time to market. Optimizes location-based services with enhanced usability, more location coverage, higher accuracy, and better performance.
Supports location sources based on multiple location technologies:
Reliable and accurate measurement for both indoor and outdoor location access. Enables seamless transition between differing contexts and activities. Mobile users are not locked into one location technology.
Wi-Fi Mapping Tool
Incorporates Wi-Fi mapping tools for creating access point mapping and Fingerprinting database to be used with the location engine.
Increased workforce productivity and efficiencies - enables IT organizations to easily map rooms, devices, and peripherals. Simplifies the management and support of mobile devices and assets by reducing complexities; as well as increases productivity with quick and easy ways to track devices and locate rooms and people across geographies, buildings, and floors.
Provides a virtual GPS port with NMEA-0183 sentences.
Investment protection: works with legacy location-based services.
Location engine enables you to develop plug ins as additional location sources.
Easily integrates new location sources into the location engine.
- Windows XP* (32 bit) or Windows Vista* (32 bit)
- The Wi-Fi Mapping Tool requires Microsoft .NET* Framework Version 2.0 or higher
- The Status Tool requires Microsoft .NET* Framework Version 2.0 or higher
- Ubuntu* Linux* 7.04 with Kernel version 2.6.20 or higher, with the portmap package
- Intel Notebooks and Ultra Mobile devices
1. What can I develop with the Intel Location Technologies SDK 1.0 (Intel LTSDK)?
With the Intel LTSDK you can develop compelling location-aware applications and web-based applications. The Intel Location Technologies SDK enables developers and web providers, to easily build and deploy location-based solutions aimed at consumer and enterprise markets. Examples include:
- Consumer – Find someone, something, turn-by-turn directions, geo-tagging, POI for OTG mobile computing
- Enterprise - asset tracking, theft recovery
2. What do I need to get started for developing LBS application or web applications?
- Download the application. The installation includes full documentation.
3. What location sources does the Intel LTSDK support?
- GPS, IP, and WiFi
4. Where can I get support for the Intel LTSDK?
- Please visit our support forums
5. What are the licensing terms?
- The Intel LTSDK is a preview release only, therefore cannot be distributed. F or more details please review the Intel LTSDK licensing terms listed on download page
6. What platform and OS’s are supported by the Intel LTSDK?
- The Intel LTSDK is supported on Intel Mobile platforms, notebooks and Ultra Mobile PCs.
- Windows Vista, Windows XP, Ubuntu Linux.
8. What programming interfaces does the Intel LTSDK support?
Boaz Tamir, Manager of engineering for the development of the Intel LTSDK project at Intel R&D center in Haifa, Israel. Boaz joined Intel in 1997 and holds M.Sc degree in Computer Science from the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology