Features / Description
Dynamically deformable terrain has long been a desired feature of game developers. Ultrabooks and Win 8 Tablets open new attractive opportunities for interactivity, where touch screens and other sensors can be used to influence the terrain in new ways.
This sample demonstrates a technique which enables the user to dynamically deform terrain using a touch screen. The two main goals of the sample are to demonstrate how to leverage the complete Intel platform to render fully dynamic textured terrain and how to exploit touch screens in Windows 8 to enrich the user experience.
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 or better suggested
- GPU: Microsoft DirectX* 9c capable graphics card
- OS: Microsoft Windows* 7 or Microsoft Windows* 8 (x64 recommended)
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM or better
- USB or integrated camera technology
Software requirements for binary:
- Redistributables: Microsoft Visual C++* 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86 or x64), DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
- Redistributables: Intel® Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 Beta
Software requirements for building:
- Compilers supported: Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010 w/ SP1, Microsoft Visual Studio* 2012, Intel® C++ Compiler version 11
- Libraries required: Microsoft DirectX* SDK (June 2010), Intel® Perceptual Computing SDK 2013 Beta