Changes (w.r.t. TBB 4.2):
- Added project files for Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2010.
- Initial support of Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2013 Preview.
- Enable C++11 features available in Intel(R) C++ Compiler 14.0.
- scalable_allocation_mode (TBBMALLOC_SET_SOFT_HEAP_LIMIT, <size>) can be used to urge releasing memory from tbbmalloc internal buffers when the given limit is exceeded.
Community Preview Features:
- Class task_arena no longer requires linking with a preview library, though still remains a community preview feature.
- The method task_arena::wait_until_empty() is removed.
- The method task_arena::current_slot() now returns -1 if the task scheduler is not initialized in the thread.
Changes affecting backward compatibility:
- Due to changes in internal layout of graph nodes, the namespace interface number of flow::graph has been incremented from 6 to 7.
- Fixed a race in lazy initialization of task_arena.
- Fixed flow::graph::reset() to prevent situations where tasks would be spawned in the process of resetting the graph to its initial state.
- Fixed decrement bug in limiter_node.
- Fixed a race in arc deletion in the flow graph.
Open-source contributions integrated:
- Improved support for IBM* Blue Gene* by Raf Schietekat.