Intel® Advisor XE 2013 Update 4 was released in late July, 2013 and is now available as part of the following Studio XE 2013 SP1 packages:
Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2013 SP1Intel® C++ Studio XE 2013 SP1Intel® Fortran Studio XE 2013 SP1Intel® Cluster Studio XE 2013 SP1
Please download the latest and greatest version of your favorite Studio XE suite from the Intel Registration Center (http://registrationcenter.intel.com) to take advantage of the latest features and functionality!
Here is what's new in Update 4:
- Increased values for the Target CPU Count in the Suitability Report window, including the scalability graph. To modify the current value, specify the Maximum CPU Count in the Options > General dialog box.
- Ways to skip program initialization for Survey and Suitability analysis, by either starting the tools in a paused collection state or pausing collection for a specified time. To resume collection, either use the Resume Collection annotation or click the Resume button.
- The side command toolbar is more accessible. For example, to start Survey or Suitability analysis in a paused collection state, use the << button to show it. After analysis completes, use the >> button to hide it, which increases the width available for the Report window.
- New options that let you display or hide the warning message for missing debug information (Survey) and set the Suitability Report's Maximum CPU Count.
- Several new messages, a visual indication in the result tab name when a tool is waiting for you to click a button, and other usability enhancements.
Over the next several days, I hope to provide more details about some of the key features above. In the meanwhile, I encourage you to explore the features and let us know of your feedback!