Parallel Inspector Failed to initialize application

Parallel Inspector Failed to initialize application

I downloaded and installed the evaluation pack of Intel Parallel Studio 2011 with Visual Studio 2008 on windows XP 32bit. I follow the tutorial "Tutorial: Handling Threading Errors" in "Intel Parallel Studio 2011 Getting Started Tutorials". I can compile and run the tachyon_studiowithout debgging. But when I do "Run Analysis" to start "Inspect Threading Error", it failed with error:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. Could anyone give me any idea how to fix it?

Thank you.

8 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Can you let me know the
command line analysis you are running.
You can obtain the command line by clicking on the button in the lower
right hand corner of the GUI to obtain the command line. Please copy and paste this into this forum
thread.

Can you let me know the
install package executable that you downloaded and installed?

Can you confirm that the
tachyon sample fully completes drawing the graphic when ran outside
analysis? It sounds like this is the
case. I am assuming you can also successfully
compile and run the tachyon sample with debug as well.

Do you have your own version
of Visual Studio 2008 installed? Is it
the Express or full version of the product?

Thanks
Rob

Hi,
I am getting similar problems as what wyizhang encountered, but with the evaluation version of Inspector 2013 and windows XP+Visual Studio 2008 (professional). Any ideas why this is happening? The following is a summary of different memory tests:
(1) mi1, succeeded.
(2) mi2, failed with error "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005)
inspxe-cl -collect mi2 -knob resources=false -knob still-allocated-memory=false -knob stack-depth=8 -knob enable-memory-growth-detection=false -mrte-mode=auto -module-filter-mode=include -app-working-dir "C:\Program Files\Intel\Inspector XE\tachyon_insp_xe\vc9" -- "c:\Program Files\Intel\Inspector XE\tachyon_insp_xe\vc9\find_and_fix_memory_errors_Win32\Debug\find_and_fix_memory_errors.exe"
(3) mi3 failed with error "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005)
inspxe-cl -collect mi3 -knob resources=true -knob still-allocated-memory=true -knob stack-depth=16 -knob analyze-stack=true -knob duplicate-elimination=true -knob enable-memory-growth-detection=true -mrte-mode=auto -module-filter-mode=include -app-working-dir "C:\Program Files\Intel\Inspector XE\tachyon_insp_xe\vc9" -- "c:\Program Files\Intel\Inspector XE\tachyon_insp_xe\vc9\find_and_fix_memory_errors_Win32\Debug\find_and_fix_memory_errors.exe"

I noticed that error codes are different:

>>...The application failed to initialize properly ( 0xc0000005 )

and

>>...(2) mi2, failed with error "The application failed to initialize properly ( 0x0000005 )

Is the character 'c' simply missing in the second case? Or, is it a different error?

So far I could tell that 0xc0000005 is an Access Violation exception but it is not clear where exactly it happened:

- in Intel Parallel Studio 2011? or,
- in Visual Studio 2008? or
- in Tachyon example?

>>>The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.>>>

You have memory access violation error.
From my experience I would insist on installing windbg and setting it as a JIT debugger, then in the case of such a failure like 0xc0000005 , debugger would perform break in automatically injecting remote thread into memory space of the failling process the exact location (failing instruction address) would be displayed and single command 'kb' would print reconstructed stack trace.

>>>I noticed that error codes are different:>>>

I think that all error codes are 32-bit long integers thus represented by 8 hex values, so it should be 0x00000005 which is translated as a INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT.
I suppose that some thread was injected or attached to a process and that tharead is not allowed to do so.
I will investigate further in order to understand the exact cause of this error.

>>> mi2, failed with error "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005)>>>

Did you have BSOD?

BSOD - Stands for Blue Screen of Death

>>>BSOD - Stands for Blue Screen of Death>>>

Yes.

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!