Guys, this software manger is nice and all, but...
1. There should be a more prominent notice that it is going to be installed -- maybe some users will get irritated when it pops up first time they start Visual Studio.
2. Download speed is very poor -- on 1MB/sec (megabyte, not megabit) capable link it is downloading with only 250KB/sec.
I suggest the following improvements:
- It should be capable of using more than one simultaneous connection for download of a single file otherwise what is the point of providing download manager which is many times slower than traditional download accelerators?
- You should be able to specify maximum bandwidth used for downloading.
- There should be "Start All" and "Pause All" button.
- During setup, before chosing full or custom install, there should be a separate question whether to install Intel Software Manager, when it should be launched, and how often to check for updates. Those things should be transparent for users and configured up front, not after the fact.