Licensing Questions

Licensing Questions

Hello,

I am trying to figure out what licensing options to suggest to my superior. I hope that this is the right forum to ask.

Questions:

• Is there a comparison (document, chart,...) between the Parallel Studio 2011 and the Parallel Studio XE 2011 or the Parallel Amplifier and the VTune Amplifier?
  • Are there any licensing variants that support sharing licenses between Linux and Windows?

Kind Regards,
Frederic

4 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.

Hello Frederic,

We do not offer an license that can be shared between Linux* and Windows*

I would recommend going with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011 or Intel VTune Amplifier XE because the XE products have more features. I am not aware of comparison chart between Intel Parallel Amplifier and Intel VTune Amplifier XE, if I find one I will share it with you.

One major difference between the Parallel Studio and Parallel Studio XE is that we offer Linux* support for Parallel Studio XE. Parallel Studio XE also includes Fortran, MKL, and SSA.

Regards,

Annalee

To add to my previous post, the following features are only available in VTune Amplifier XE 2011:

Event Based Sampling (EBS)- Uses the processors onboard performance monitoring hardware to get a detailed look into performance issues
Attach to a running process (Windows only) - Profile your application without restarting it
Better source/asm view - Easier navigation
Frame based analysis - Isolate data for slow frames
Event multiplexing - More data with fewer runs
Basic Block Analysis - Displays hotspots with basic block granularity and generates a control flow graph for advanced analysis of application, even without the source code
Loop Analysis - Identifies loops and recursion in your application to aid optimization
Result difference - Compares the results of multiple runs to measure changes in performance
Statistical Call Graph - Profiles with low overhead to detect where time is spent in your application
Timeline Filters Results
Timeline Visualizes Thread Behavior/ transitions
Predefined EBS Profiles
Select a time range in the timeline and filter out data (e.g., application startup) that masks accurate results.
See when threads are running and waiting and when transitions occur.
No need to stop and re-launch the application when profiling
Easy EBS setup for newer processors. No memorizing complex event names. Profiles vary by microarchitecture.
Opportunities Highlighted
General Exploration turns the cell pink when it suspects a tuning opportunity is present. Hover gives suggestions.
Preset performance experiments - Easy to get started
Cross-select and filter results - Filter out the noise, focus on answers

Thank you very much for your fast and extensive answer.

Best Regards,
Frederic

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!