Doubt with parallel_for.

Doubt with parallel_for.

Hi,
I'm using parallel_for to speed up the filling of two vectors I'm using. The INIT_V1_SIZE and INIT_V2_SIZE variables are read from user input in another place.

class World {

private:

std::vector v1;

std::vector v2;

// more things

public:

World() {

v1.reserve( INIT_V1_SIZE );

v2.reserve( INIT_V2_SIZE );

// more things
  void StartUp() {
  /// more things
  tbb::parallel_for(tbb::blocked_range(0,v1.size()),FillObjectVector(&v1,....),tbb::auto_partitioner());

tbb::parallel_for(tbb::blocked_range(0,v2.size()),FillContainerVector(&v2,....),tbb::auto_partitioner());

}

};
FillObjectVector and FillContainerVector iterate through the vector and in each position create a new object. Each object is independent from the rest.
What I want to know if it it possible to launch all of the parallel_for's at the same time. Would it be a good idea?.

Thanks.

4 posts / novo 0
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
Best Reply

Thanks a lot!!

Depending on the number of memory channels available, if you have two then consider parallel_invoke with each vector listed in the task list using standard for(... to fill/copy the data. On such a system using more than two threads to perform the copy may be counter productive.

Jim Dempsey

www.quickthreadprogramming.com

Deixar um comentário

Faça login para adicionar um comentário. Não é membro? Inscreva-se hoje mesmo!