What will you accomplish in 2012?

What will you accomplish in 2012?

imagem de marquel

What are some of your aspirations this new year? Have any big project ideas? I'm starting on my second project now.A game for indie game challengethat uses sparse voxel octree if I can.I mean this is my first time making a game and the game to me is all right I was limited resources and almost DNF but I did it even if my levels had the same textures.I hope to win so I can stop using my friend's laptop and buy a new high end computer.Also hope to gain something from this like getting bigger in the game industryand maybe having a chance of making a good game with a single player thats good and a mutiplayer game that will make Call of Duty look retarded.

So what are your plans for this year guys?

10 posts / 0 new
Último post
Para obter mais informações sobre otimizações de compiladores, consulte Aviso sobre otimizações.
imagem de Mitchell Lum (Intel)

Marquel,

This is a great topic! I hope folks take the time to respond as I think Level Up and other contests really create a nice platform for stimulating ideas. Would you mind shooting me an email: mitchell.j.lum@intel.com

Thanks,
Mitch

imagem de hornes

> and a mutiplayer game that will make Call of Duty look retarded. Well, BF3 is here already :D

imagem de div22

Hmm nice question.

I currently work on the proper implementation of the demo that i have submitted into the competition , which changes
everything since the block physics solver works to pixel level now(not a typo) and all the job is done in paralel non blocking threads.
(It has become a real cpu burner since it can handle like 480K bodies at 60fps and each one can have all sort of unique attributes...).

There is still alot of work to be done until im happy with it(i work alone :p) but hopefully i'll have it finished by the end of 2012...
(Unless some alien invasion takes place :p)

And that's all..
PS:I'll have a demo available soon if there is interest :)

Git : github.com/DimitrisVlachos
imagem de acheronehj

Honestly I'm mostly focused on just learning German right now and doing company projects rather than personal ones. The contest piqued my interest because a favorable response from it would compell me to spend some more focus on making my own games again.

The recent crash in the US gaming industry made for a pretty hellish period of surprisejob hunting and I ended up embarking on a wild european adventure because of it.

Let that be a word of caution to all you folks just getting into the industry now. Game dev houses are notoriously unstable, so adaptability is your friend. You never know when you'll have to change plans / lifestyle at a moment's notice. There are certainly stable careers, but this isn't one of them :)

imagem de marquel
Quoting div22 Hmm nice question.

I currently work on the proper implementation of the demo that i have submitted into the competition , which changes
everything since the block physics solver works to pixel level now(not a typo) and all the job is done in paralel non blocking threads.
(It has become a real cpu burner since it can handle like 480K bodies at 60fps and each one can have all sort of unique attributes...).

There is still alot of work to be done until im happy with it(i work alone :p) but hopefully i'll have it finished by the end of 2012...
(Unless some alien invasion takes place :p)

And that's all..
PS:I'll have a demo available soon if there is interest :)

Oh cool please tell me the link when its ready because this is really sounds awesome :)

imagem de marquel
Quoting acheronehj Honestly I'm mostly focused on just learning German right now and doing company projects rather than personal ones. The contest piqued my interest because a favorable response from it would compell me to spend some more focus on making my own games again.

The recent crash in the US gaming industry made for a pretty hellish period of surprisejob hunting and I ended up embarking on a wild european adventure because of it.

Let that be a word of caution to all you folks just getting into the industry now. Game dev houses are notoriously unstable, so adaptability is your friend. You never know when you'll have to change plans / lifestyle at a moment's notice. There are certainly stable careers, but this isn't one of them :)

Ok I'll keep that in mind

imagem de marquel
Quoting Mitchell Lum (Intel) Marquel,

This is a great topic! I hope folks take the time to respond as I think Level Up and other contests really create a nice platform for stimulating ideas. Would you mind shooting me an email: mitchell.j.lum@intel.com

Thanks,
Mitch

Ok I'll shoot you a email when I have demo to show you or if I need some info.

imagem de haowangy

Game dev houses are notoriously unstable, so adaptability is your friend.( led fluorescent lamps)

imagem de shin

quoting div22 PS:I'll have a demo available soon if there is interest :)
Hi all
im working in dev game too, i rested to see your demo if its available to fownload :D

shin

Faça login para deixar um comentário.